Shadow Decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Shadow Decoys

Postby erp10 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:39 am

So I just watched Molt Gears Goose Society 2 and he used some shadow decoys mixed in with other decoys in one of the hunts. They were pretty much silos that were black and white. I guess they have better visibility from a distance. Anyone use something like this. I have some BEAT UP shells that might get this shadow painting done to them.
erp10
hunter

Re: Shadow Decoys

Postby dsm16428 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:32 pm

Shooting the "X" sells their own black and whites. Avalanche Decoys made without doubt, the best black and white ever for the money. Totally flocked and ran about 75 bucks a dozen-really inexpensive for the quality! :thumbsup: I like a darker silo deek, especially for running traffic and the b&w's work great for this. Put em on the upwind edge of the spread and the higher detailed stuff in/around the hole. They'll grab a flock's attention from waaay out.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby randy marci » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:47 am

I use Black and Whites and they work great :wink: . It's amazing from a disance how well they show up vs some of the lighter decoys on the market. They are also very inexpensive to build a nice size spread that you can carry in a pick-up bed or even a car if need be. :thumbsup:
this is where all the cool kids put how many ducks they kill
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby cuppedandkilled » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:43 pm

I have about 5 dozen homemade fully flocked black and white sillo's... I'm pretty excited to throw them out this year. :thumbsup:

Here they are... this was taken about 2 months ago, and I have most of them done now.
cuppedandkilled
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum