Has anyone seen these

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Has anyone seen these

Postby GooseWizard » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Has anyone seen these things.
I am thinking of getting a couple.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqY-M0BdwqY
GooseWizard
Newb

Re: Has anyone seen these

Postby handyandy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:18 am

never seen it but it looks awesome how do you do it?
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:47 pm

http://www.movingoosedecoys.com/

This look awsome! Definitly too much movement when there all going, but maybe 1 for every 3-4 normal decoys would look sweet!
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:36 pm

They are MovinGoose Decoy Heads from:

http://movingoosedecoys.com/index.html

I have a few. They run about $45 each. I use a feeder and a sentry head. 9 times out of ten, the lead goose flies straight to the sentry. I set mine about 10 yards in front of my blind. I have hunted over them for 3 seasons and they work great and hold up well. I bought the GHG style and fitted them to my two decoys with some glue and crack foam sealer. They have held up with no issues. I did have to cut up some Redhead full bodies to do it, but I am glad I did. They are even quiet so I can use them on windless days, but you only need about 1 head for 10-20 geese. I couldn't imagine rigging a whole spread! Besides, it would make them look like something had spooked them and flare every bird right off. The delay for the head turn is several seconds. I stick the battery up inside the belly to hide it. They were actually pretty easy to rig up. I spent less than 30 minutes for each decoy, but I did have to cut the necks down a bit...

I wish I hadn't seen your post because I now have to hide a hundred bucks from my wife so I can order a couple more sentry heads! Thanks, buddy....(Just kidding) Buy the sentry heads and skip the feeder IMO, you won't regret it.... Good luck!
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Postby GooseWizard » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:16 am

Hay Blackfoot Down,
Just got mine, I put it in a couple GHG lookers, They don't stand a chance this season.
I got a couple without the batterys and they are cheep that way and I don't have more battries to take care of.
GooseWizard
Newb

Postby Blackfoot down » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Goose Wizard,
Good with them! I love mine and don't hunt without them. Just be careful in case you take your kid brother with you and he accidentally shoots one in the face! Luckily, I had a couple extra heads and got one to fit. One trick that I did was taking a couple of pieces of duct tape and carefully putting it inside the pockets so the heads fit tighter. When it gets cold, the plastic heads shrink a little and I had one fall out... Also, I tape a piece of cardboard around the batteries to help cut down any extra noise from the battery rattling inside the decoy. Maybe I am just cautious, but I don't want any noise. They do make a little noise, but a slight wind and some calling covers it very well. I learned to place them in my spread exactly where I want the birds to land!!! I think the movement is so life like that it draws them to the decoys with the heads over the plain blocks... Let me know how they work out and I can try to offer some other tricks if you run into trouble.
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Postby GooseWizard » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 am

These things Work, we had Geese landing right next to the lookers with the Moving Heads. We could see the geese just standing there looking at the moving heads, It seems that when the geese are to close to flag that these things do the job. We only have 4 in the spread but I think that another 4 would be deadly. :grooving:
GooseWizard
Newb

Postby Blackfoot down » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Goosewizard,
Glad they are working as well for you as they have for me. It is awesome to watch the geese stand there looking at them dumbfounded. Last year I had a gander peck at one and I laughed so hard I couldn't shoot the bird when I spooked him from laughing so loud.

PS- Don't shoot all the geese and send some to southern Missouri please! This 72 degree weather isn't migrating any birds!!!!
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum