Goose floaters

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Goose floaters

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:59 am

Hey guys, I'm about to invest in some goose floaters. I can't decide on what brand to get. I have had the Hard Cores, and they are OK. I know all the big brands are popular too(BF, FA, GHG, etc). So what are your favorite goose floaters? I want something that holds up not cracks around the keels and have to be replaced next year.

Thanks guys!
I don't want it, i just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Re: Goose floaters

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:03 pm

You'd want some Big Foots. I have 8 and I love them. The paint will never scratch off. The only problem I could see were the white patches on their faces. They came in a shiney brown. I got some white rustoleum and sponged it on. They look great!
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby mojo coot » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Bigfoots I have 24 of them want to get another 2 dozen I take good care of them and had them going on four season now a they still look good
mojo coot
hunter

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:28 pm

I hunt over bigfoots after watching a buddies GHGs crack at the seams in cold weather..
ICDEDTURKES
hunter

Postby imboray » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:56 am

If you get the Dakota's you won't ever buy another brand. they're awesome
imboray
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:25 pm

sorry guys. ive been in and out of house, workin, and gettin ready for hunting season and been dove/early goose hunting. i appreciate the responses. i am thinking big foots.

THANKS GUYS! save some for me, dont kill em all!
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby noweil » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 pm

You can't go wrong with Big Foots and they are made in the USA. I don't know where you are located in IL but we drive to Clinton Iowa where Big Foots are made to buy our decoys. Paul's Discount has always had good prices and Don in sporting goods really treated us great. Fun store to go to. Give them a call. Attached is a picture of one 4 pack of Big Foot floaters that has killed a couple hundred geese in the last few seasons.
Attachments
2011-11-27 09.42.41.jpg
2012-04-089515.34.23.jpg
2012-04-089515.34.23.jpg (19.66 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm

noweil wrote:You can't go wrong with Big Foots and they are made in the USA. I don't know where you are located in IL but we drive to Clinton Iowa where Big Foots are made to buy our decoys. Paul's Discount has always had good prices and Don in sporting goods really treated us great. Fun store to go to. Give them a call. Attached is a picture of one 4 pack of Big Foot floaters that has killed a couple hundred geese in the last few seasons.

them big foots look sick. i know a few guys that hunt over them and they swear by them. so looks like im going to get me some big foots. ive had the big foot b2's and didn't like them as well. i guess thats because they are made in china. but i am deff. going to buy me some big foots!
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby duckdown323 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:24 am

I have both Dakotas and Big Foots. I ended up buying the Big Foots because I needed more floaters in a hurry and couldn't get Dakota's anywhere. I personally like the way the Dakotas ride in the water and their looks but you cant beat the Big Foots. They are by far more durable than the Dakotas and much lighter to carry as well. Not to mention they are cheaper. Check out Roger's Sporting Goods.
duckdown323
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:20 pm

i ended up buying some goose floaters this weekend. bought 14. got 11 old flambeau goose floaters and 3 g&h. got them for 10 bucks. they don't look as good as good as new decoys, but they will kill geese. bring the spread up to 20 goose floaters, still got some growing to do but it will kill geese!
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:37 pm

ILgoosehunter12 wrote:i ended up buying some goose floaters this weekend. bought 14. got 11 old flambeau goose floaters and 3 g&h. got them for 10 bucks. they don't look as good as good as new decoys, but they will kill geese. bring the spread up to 20 goose floaters, still got some growing to do but it will kill geese!

That's a good price for those decoys. You should look through the threads on here and learn how to paint them up. I'm no good at painting geese but I know there are people on here that make their decoys look amazing with just some flat spray paint. I'm sure what you have will work.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:33 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:
ILgoosehunter12 wrote:i ended up buying some goose floaters this weekend. bought 14. got 11 old flambeau goose floaters and 3 g&h. got them for 10 bucks. they don't look as good as good as new decoys, but they will kill geese. bring the spread up to 20 goose floaters, still got some growing to do but it will kill geese!

That's a good price for those decoys. You should look through the threads on here and learn how to paint them up. I'm no good at painting geese but I know there are people on here that make their decoys look amazing with just some flat spray paint. I'm sure what you have will work.

I will have to check them out! Thanks!
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum