Cabela's Real Image Canada Floaters

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Cabela's Real Image Canada Floaters

Postby mdclover » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Has anyone seen or used these decoys? Cabela's has them on sale on the website, just wandering if they were worth the money.

Thanks
mdclover
hunter

Re: Cabela's Real Image Canada Floaters

Postby fowl mouth » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:34 pm

i bought a pack, really for the money i think they are a great deal, they are a little smaller than your average goose floater (width) but thats fine with me because they will take up less room on the boat! I have yet to hunt them so as far as paint goes we will see how it lasts, I have actually taken objects and ran them across the bodies to see if paint will come off and it hasn't. Heads are a pain to get on, thats the only drawback. Im thinking of flocking my heads with a kit. Ive actually got my GHG floaters for sale just to get more of these. GHG paint chips terribly, I have 2 with hardly no paint on the backs of the decoy.

try em :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Liberty '14-Broadcasting/Digital Media
DUCKHILL BEAU
What a man will do for a duck
#SOMEDUCKSINVA
fowl mouth
State Moderator

Postby mdclover » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered a box. I figured for the price they would be worth a try. Now if we could just get some rain and some birds I just might get to try em out this season.
mdclover
hunter

Postby imboray » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:07 pm

I bought two boxes of em & just flocked the heads and tails tonite. I went ahead & glued on the heads because I didn't trust the insert to hold up, but i figured for the price it was worth a try. My expextations arnt that high. They kinda look like Bigfoot floaters.
imboray
hunter

Postby mdclover » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Got the decoys in the mail last week. They look pretty good. I guess time will tell how they hold up.
mdclover
hunter

Postby ifrattypattyi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:37 am

How were you able to get the heads to attach? i tried for 15 mins christmas day and go so frustrated i left them in the box
ifrattypattyi
Newb

Postby eastcoastsoxfan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:18 pm

I just ordered 8 of these.
Any reports on them from last season. Does the paint hold up?
"The old school hunters shoot what they shoot and kill as many as they always have, the newbies have their 3.5."
eastcoastsoxfan
hunter

Postby imboray » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:11 am

I bought 8 of them last season, left em out all season & besides the one I shot, they held up pretty well. I can't speak for how they would hold up packing em in & out everyday, but I have few complaints about them for the price. The heads are hard to get on but if you put em on in warm weather it should be easier. I super glued the heads too just for good measure.
imboray
hunter

Postby eastcoastsoxfan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks Imboray
I don't pack mine in and out much but I'll put some clear coat on for good measure.
Good sale on them now at Cabelas, you getting more.
Would you call them a heavy decoy compared to some of the other brands?
"The old school hunters shoot what they shoot and kill as many as they always have, the newbies have their 3.5."
eastcoastsoxfan
hunter

Postby imboray » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:50 am

I won't be getting anymore, but only beause I don't need them. My stepson wanted to put a blind up on the public lake we hunt & I use all of my floaters at my blind, so I bought them for him. They are not heavy, especially compared to Dakota's or GHG
imboray
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum