Big Foot decoy hangers

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Big Foot decoy hangers

Postby DieHard Outdoors » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:08 pm

Been working on this for a few months now, finally got it patented. I know a lot of guys who use Big Foot Canada decoys because of their easy placement from the trailer to the field. The problem I found was that they're pretty pricey and wear down the paint and head/body flocking. Even though a lot of guys say their the "toughest decoys out there" while that may be true the paint still continues to rub onto other decoys and gradually wears off. Another problem is the flocking, they have no come out with a sock basically that covers up the head but it's a pain in the butt to take off and put on after every single hunt. My idea is to mass-produce my invention so that you're decoys will be able to stay apart and not rub off on each other but still maintain a very simple setup so it won't take much time to take them off the system and put them back off once the hunt is over with. I would like to go into more detail but at this time I cannot due to legal issues thus far. But please feel free to critique my idea, share your problems with the decoys and storage, tell me if you would purchase this item (once available) to keep your decoys in top condition, etc. Thank you for reading and continue to have a wonderful season!

Sincerely DHO
DieHard Outdoors
hunter

Re: Big Foot decoy hangers

Postby cut_un » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:28 pm

I have a 6x12 trailer and run Big Foot decoys. I keep all my lookers hanging from rods from the ceiling. My feeders are simply in a big pile in the front of my trailer, would be interested in hearing what you've come up with. I do remove my decoys from the rods in the warm weather,had a couple legs warp...
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum