Amphibious Stakes?

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Amphibious Stakes?

Postby teal12 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 pm

I made a dozen amphibious decoy stakes for duck hunting but i noticed that they will fit my floating goose decoys also. I only have four full body goose decoys and was wanting to increase the size of my spread. Since money is tight i was wondering if i could use the stakes with my floating decoys instead of having to buy more full bodies. Has anyone tried this or had any experiences doing this? Thanks
teal12
hunter

Re: Amphibious Stakes?

Postby tstueck » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Yes, I've seen people use amphibious stakes on geese decoys they should work fine. How did u make your own stakes???
tstueck
hunter

Postby teal12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:35 pm

i used three broken hay rake teeth and welded them together. the teeth are made like a long J when they are broke so i welded one standing up with the curled end cut off then the other two i welded perpendicular so that the ends without the curl one was on each side of the one standing up. put each curled end facing away from each other to form a funnel for the decoy to slide into. and welded them all three where they met at the back.
teal12
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:36 pm

I've got a bent wheel off a hay rake, lots off theeth there! but you're probably not using wheel rake teeth I'm guessing.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:34 am

I use theses. Yes, these are the duck model but will work on G&H geese decoys,just painted black.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (3.84 KiB) Viewed 895 times
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum