Big Foot B2s New Paint?!?!

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Big Foot B2s New Paint?!?!

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 pm

I purchased a box of six once they first came to Cabelas for $119. I wait every time they go on sale for $119 each season now and have accumulated five dozen. This past sale I purchased another box of six. I put them together and noticed that the body paint seems to be a heavier coat like the originals, but the tails are high gloss. I mean really high gloss! My older ones are flat black and the body paint has chipped away little here and there. Any one else notice this?
KillerKowalski
hunter

Re: Big Foot B2s New Paint?!?!

Postby dakotashooter2 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:18 am

I noticed the coloration on the ones I got this year was a little darker and more brownish. I didn't notice any difference in the tails. I always worry that the feet are too shiny on new ones but after a trip or two they seem to dull down pretty good.

I find it strange that Cabelas has regular price on these listed as $179-$189 but about 75% of the time has them on sale for $139 or less............ (their true value)
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Yea, I agree on the price hikes they have been doing. Cabelas acts like it's a deal on some products, but all they did was raise the original price and then put it on sale for the price it was.

I agree about the feet. If this is new B2 paint, I am happy with the body texture and colors. The tails I will airbrush when I get time and put flat black on there.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:30 am

KillerKowalski wrote:Yea, I agree on the price hikes they have been doing. Cabelas acts like it's a deal on some products, but all they did was raise the original price and then put it on sale for the price it was.

I agree about the feet. If this is new B2 paint, I am happy with the body texture and colors. The tails I will airbrush when I get time and put flat black on there.

Cabelas is famous for raising the MSRP price and when stuff goes on sale it's for the actual retail price :mad: . You have to be very careful. :lol:
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:10 pm

I believe Cabelas initial MSR was around $139 and they sold them the first year on sale for $119. Other brands of decoys increased in price by about $10 year while B-2s seem to increase by $15-$20. Now they are claiming a MSR of $189 but are still putting them on special for $119. While i suspect their cost may have gone up It's not really a great deal it's just marketing. If you shop around you'll notice Cabelas sale price on original BFs is the same as other companies regular price..often with free shipping....
dakotashooter2
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum