Snow Cover

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Snow Cover

Postby Goosecrazy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Bought a Rodgers Sporting Goods snow cover. Used it for a morning shoot, and it turned yellow from being exposed to the sun. Anyone else have an issue with this. Gonna try and see if Rodgers will exchange it.
Seems like all this chinese made goods never get field tested prior to the actual hunter using it.
Goosecrazy
hunter

Re: Snow Cover

Postby Webfootslayer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 am

All of my snow covers for my 6 blinds came from Rogers & the only problem I had was 1 time my snowcovers got a yellowish brown color to them & that was because we had a good rain before the snow started falling & the mud on our blinds started to bleed through onto the snow covers. So now when we have even a hint of snow coming on I take & rinse all the mud off the blinds & have never had the bleed through issue. We have had geese flare off the blinds before when we put brand new covers on the blinds, and I couldn't figure it out until a buddy of mine gave me a deadly hint. Take your new covers & throw them in the wash w a U/V killer detergent. We did this & now finish geese within 10 yrds of the blinds . Hope this helps you
Webfootslayer
hunter

Postby Goosecrazy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks for the info.

Rogers is sending me a new cover for exchange. Great customer service. But Rogers did say not to wash. So now sure what to do when they get soiled.
Goosecrazy
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Goosecrazy wrote:Thanks for the info.

Rogers is sending me a new cover for exchange. Great customer service. But Rogers did say not to wash. So now sure what to do when they get soiled.

They mean don't run it through the washer. Just get a big poly tub, fill it with warm water and some dish detergent and a splash of bleach or borax. hand agitate it for a few minutes, let it soak till the water is cold and then hose off to rinse. Should take care of any stains, including blood, whiten it up without BRIGHTENING it up and you won't tear it up like in the washer. Hang to dry.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby Webfootslayer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 am

I've washed mine probly 20+ times in the washing machine with no problems I just put em on gentle cycle & run them on the lowest time for the cycles but I do let them soak for bout 20 mins though
Webfootslayer
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum