Goose decoys??

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Goose decoys??

Postby Trent_Rivers » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:30 pm

I went to the pawn shop and picked up a mixed bag of 30 dekes including 5 G&H Canadian goose decoys with movable heads. I plan to use them as confidence decoys for my duck spread but I hardly ever see any Canada's. Just snows and maybe a speck or two. So should I spray pain the geese white or will they still work even though I hardly see Canadians?
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Re: Goose decoys??

Postby jeepman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 am

You could give it a shot and see if it works. You might be able to pull a couple of singles now and then with them. Snows can be tough to decoy. I'm not sure how they are when they get that far south, but i live about 10 miles from the border just below the quebec province and thousands start pouring in every season around the first or second week of october. I'd prefer canada goose hunting anyday, but i guess they have to be in your area to hunt them.
jeepman
hunter

Postby Trent_Rivers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:47 am

Yeah it might be worth a shot. Im all the way down in Arkansas so I would assume it would take a large spread to pull geese to the decoys. I dont have the money to get into goose hunting or I would love to do it but for now ill kill some mallards. Maybe the ducks will see the big white honkers from miles away and then I wont even have to call... :grooving:
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby IdahoD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Trent_Rivers wrote:Yeah it might be worth a shot. Im all the way down in Arkansas so I would assume it would take a large spread to pull geese to the decoys. I dont have the money to get into goose hunting or I would love to do it but for now ill kill some mallards. Maybe the ducks will see the big white honkers from miles away and then I wont even have to call... :grooving:

If I saw big white honkers, you can bet I'd be heading that way... :yes:
IdahoD
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum