flocking decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

flocking decoys

Postby Edge pro staff_Austin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 am

Anybody know of any flocking material is used and where to get some? Looked on ebay and found some but looking for some dirt cheap, thanks. -Austin
Born to be wild.
Edge pro staff_Austin
hunter

Re: flocking decoys

Postby John O`Neal » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm

AERO Outdoors is the place to go for flocking supplies . They offer purpose designed flocking and color correct glues for waterfowl flocking . I have used them many times and have yet to find any better quality products on the market. Extremely durable .

vImage
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby triplecurl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm

I got my flocking from fowlflocker.com and used Rustoleum paint as the adhesive.
Last night, I dreamed that I killed all the saggers, all the swaggers, and all of their duckface girlfriends...

It was called: The Yolocaust.
triplecurl
hunter

Postby Edge pro staff_Austin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks guys, helps alot! Those look awesone, just ordered a set thanks.
Born to be wild.
Edge pro staff_Austin
hunter

Postby denwing » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 pm

John, which green flock did you use for the heads? Aero web site lists couple of options and its confusing because they dont show the color samples.
denwing
hunter

Postby imboray » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 am

I 2nd the http://www.fowlflocker.com site. they sell kits for several different species. pretty cheap as well, plus I have found the flocking will do more than they suggest. I would also suggest using a flat paint for the adhesive instead of the glue
imboray
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:30 am

denwing wrote:John, which green flock did you use for the heads? Aero web site lists couple of options and its confusing because they dont show the color samples.

I used the Mallard professional special mix . You can purchase it in bulk or in the kit form . It is the one that has different length fibers. As far as glue goes Rustoleum may work great I have never tried it . Aero has color matched waterproof glues that bond tightly to the decoy surface. Also if you have a spot repair due to surface damage you can easily repair it by applying additional glue to the area and more flocking. Good luck.
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby denwing » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks!
denwing
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum