Bigfoot motion stand upgrade

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Bigfoot motion stand upgrade

Postby John O`Neal » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:34 pm

I have eighteen Bigfoots left in my spread of Avery FFD`s . I have had them for so long I hate to get rid of them but I did feel they needed a little upgrade in the realism category . Flocked heads helped ,but as one hunter on the forum posted , " they have a cartoonish look with those big feet " also they provided no movement . In continuing with the modernization process I purchased the Bigfoot motion kits . I was less than satisfied with the design . The stands have three legs that fold out plus rubber bands that continually broke . They also made the decoys stand unnaturally tall and were labor intensive to set up. After several uses I retired them to storage . This summer I purchased a decoy trailer and revisited the Bigfoot motion stand issue in order to find a way to carry them assembled in the trailer eliminating the bagging process. I got it done and am pleasantly surprised at how well it works for both storage and field use .

This is an original bigfoot motion kit .

I used this part from the Bigfoot motion kit . It is part # 0706 and can probably be purchased from the Clinton Decoy Co. of Clinton Iowa . They make the bigfoots.

Using a step drill I drilled the appropriate size holes to accept the 1/4 " bungee cord . E Bay $8.99 for 50 ft.

This is the completed adapter with bungee cord installed .

I chose to use Avery style decoy stands that I purchased on E Bay for about $3 each. They will allow my to leave the decoy and stand together and store completely assembled along the trailer walls . I cut the stands to 9" tall and used the cut-off piece to make the hook for the bungee cord

The decoy adapter and stand complete .

Completed bigfoot ready for the field or to be hung on the decoy trailer wall.

My Bigfoot`s are now capable of being stored on the walls of the trailer like these or they can pulled apart and bagged if desired.
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Re: Bigfoot motion stand upgrade

Postby Webfootslayer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:51 pm

That is awesome & very genius thinkn I hate bigfoots motion system for the same reasons u mention & this loks like I'll b able to add realistic motion to my bgft.
Webfootslayer
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:12 am

We had out all the bigfoots today . It was 16 degrees with a howling wind here in eastern Kansas . Gusts over 35 mph . The motion system works fine . Our problem today was a little to much wind as we had several decoys blow over from time to time, both Avery`s and Bigfoots. Having the stand and the decoy pick-up and store as a unit at the end of a very cold and windy hunt made it worth the time and effort spent on the conversion.
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:02 pm

I can't believ Bigfoot sticks with this antiquated motion system. Your is one of the best conversions I have seen.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum