Avery FFD Specklebelly re-flocking

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Avery FFD Specklebelly re-flocking

Postby phiml » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:37 am

I have a few dz Avery FFD specs that turned greyish white (2nd yr now) and in need of repair. I only have bad luck with Avery Decoy. First was the 8dz mallard duck decoys turn green after one season and then these goose decoy. I am looking for some info and would love to hear what you have done to repair your? What base color oil paint and flock color you have success for re-flocking the head? the body? thanks
phiml
hunter

Re: Avery FFD Specklebelly re-flocking

Postby Justin300mag » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 am

Do you leave your decoys out in the sun all the time or are you putting them away in bags after each hunt?
Justin300mag
hunter

Postby phiml » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:49 am

Justin300mag wrote:Do you leave your decoys out in the sun all the time or are you putting them away in bags after each hunt?

I leave them out the hole season (didn't know the paint can turn to greyish green in just one 90 days season). No help from Avery Customer Service
phiml
hunter

Postby phiml » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:22 am

Anyone repaint or reflock their speck decoy? I could find much info on this subject on line. So this is the learning curve for me. Let me heard your though on this. Next step is to high light the feather detail and the head.

Since the flocking on my Avery is look Ok. I decided to repaint them.
Before
First run with Krylon Ultra flat Camo Brown
phiml
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum