G&H replacement heads

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

G&H replacement heads

Postby jfallso » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:15 am

Did i quick search and didnt come up with anything.. I was wondering if anyone has replaced G&H shell heads with over size (or any size..) GHG flocked heads. I have a deal on a few dozen G&H shells but i really like the realism that different head positions bring to the table so ive head my eyes on the GHG pro grade shells. Does anyone know if the heads are compatible? I dont want to drill out the shells and glue the heads as i still want to pack them in and out. And i know the GHG shells are affordable but i can save around a couple hundred dollars on the shells if i go this route. Any thoughts? thanks.
jfallso
hunter

Re: G&H replacement heads

Postby dakotashooter2 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:37 pm

I do know that the newer style heads are very very tight on the old shells and if you were to take them off and on a lot you will probably eventually break the neck ring on the decoys.......

They do come up on ebay now and then....
dakotashooter2
hunter

Re: G&H replacement heads

Postby jfallso » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:13 am

Thanks for the reply. Id expect that to be the case, plastic can only do so much in 10 degree weather too... Part of the reason i like the idea of not dropping a ton of money into shells is they will probably get banged up using them where i will. In any case if the GHG heads will be at least close to fitting in the G+H ill probably go ahead with it. Thanks again
jfallso
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum