Tangle free decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Tangle free decoys

Postby Blake1403 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Anyone used tangle free decoys before? Are they nice? Or are they cheaply made?
Blake1403
hunter

Re: Tangle free decoys

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:42 pm

They're $149/6, max, with a free bag. That means they would be considered an "economy" grade decoy. That being said, I have 2 dosen of the painted that I run and while they look ok, they definetely seem kind of light colored to me. The FFDs SHOULD be darker but I haven't ran them. I have some pics over on GHC with them in a mixed spread of TF's GHGs and Big Al's silos and the TF's almost get lost in the snow in comparison to even the GHGs. That and they are smallish, what you would consider "life-sized" or even lesser-sized, which can be a good thing as they fit nicely in a lesser bag and thus you can pack more in the same space as larger deeks. They are not the most durable decoy on the market either-had one crack right at the top where the stand rests when I put only some pressure on it when I was kneeling next to it and used it as a "supprt" to steady myself while I stood up. Prob shouldn't have done that! lol Cust. Servc. with TF is top notch though and if you do have an issue and they're under wrnty, they will take care of you.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:55 am

Not a top end decoy by any means but they work. Feeders are one piece which is nice. Not many other dekes out there that you can get, bases, stands, a dozen dekes, and bags and be out the door for around $300.

Sent from my DROID Pro
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Blake1403 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:19 am

Thanks for the replies. I seen some good deals on them, might have to order some now.
Blake1403
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:45 am

:thumbsup:
Black Smoke
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum