Cabelas northern flight floaters great buy?

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Cabelas northern flight floaters great buy?

Postby Normmcclean » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Cabelas has em on sale and even though I try not to give them my business they were $160 shipped to my door for a dozen floater honkers. Anyone tried them out I'm wondering how the paint holds up. The reviews are generally good sounds like they had problems with the heads that have been fixed from the manufacturer. The heads aren't flocked but I will take care of that when I get them. Any reviews would be appreciated and I will try and review them when I get them in a week.
Normmcclean
hunter

Re: Cabelas northern flight floaters great buy?

Postby sodfather » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:04 pm

They are ok I guess. mine are only 1 season old and I have shot geese using them but I have them mixed with big foots. They are smaller in size and the paint held up ok ( again only after 1 year). In my mind they are worth the cheap price tag that goes with them. Great for adding to you spread.
sodfather
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Yeah I have foots I was going to mix them with. Plus my wife is a teacher and has a flocking gun so I plan to do the heads. They look like foots with their paint scheme so I thought they would mix Well plus my smaller boat can't hold a ton of deeks so the smaller size might be good. How much smaller would you say they are than bigfoots? thanks for the help.
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby sodfather » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Well they are probably almost half the size but go good with bigfoots. They look like a family group with lessers. Split them up into little groups with big foots and I think it looks ok from my point of view. We killed geese with em.
sodfather
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks for the comeback I was thinking like 3/4 size not half. Oh well at least they won't take up much space in the boat
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby sodfather » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Ya your right its more like 3/4 than 1/2 the size. They will be ok and your right they will take up less room
sodfather
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks for the help I have never seen them and was hoping that I wouldn't be totally disappointed when they show up. Going to flock heads and call it a day
Normmcclean
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum