Silhouette goose decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: yellowlab, 1ynggun

Silhouette goose decoys

Postby Bandedbrothers » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Has anyone ever hunted over dive bomb industries decoys? They have 5 dozen for 300, just curious what you guy think about them. I have heard of real geese silhouette and big Al's goose silhouette but just curious about dive bomb decoys
Bandedbrothers
hunter

Re: Silhouette goose decoys

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Real-Geese all the way brotha :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby bobalong » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:47 pm

They look pretty good, I use Big Flock, RGII and Big Al's. Would like to see them side by side in the field, I have a pic of the three I use and added a pic of the the Dive Bomb below. I like the idea of the spring steel stakes though.

bobalong
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:07 am

Those look familiar... :biggrin:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby Bandedbrothers » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:07 pm

I went to my local bass pro and I looked at the real geese or try we're pro series maybe and try did not look good at all, they were 150 for a dozen. I might just try out the dive bomb one bc the guy said if I don't like them then he would refund them and pay for shipping them back, 5 dozen for 300 isn't to bad of a deal
Bandedbrothers
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:19 am

Not a bad deal at all..... From where I sit, any on the market silo should kill geese! Biggest differences I see.... pricing, coloration,poses and their stake systems. BUT all...... look like a Canada Goose Just sayin.... at the end of the day, the silo decoys will get -er-done
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:26 am

Bandedbrothers wrote:I went to my local bass pro and I looked at the real geese or try we're pro series maybe and try did not look good at all, they were 150 for a dozen. I might just try out the dive bomb one bc the guy said if I don't like them then he would refund them and pay for shipping them back, 5 dozen for 300 isn't to bad of a deal

The Real-Geese didn't look good :huh: :huh:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:59 pm

The RGs look like a goose to me...... A little grayer in the back than I like but,do know they look good enough to the geese! Just as a comparison of brands, I like Big Al's simply because his backs are a little browner in color,looks more natural to me.... but that's simply a personal preference. :yes:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby FishinFreak300 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:11 pm

I hunted over these dive bomb Canada siloette decoys last Saturday. We had a couple dozen full bodies and 3 dz of these out. Shot a five man limit by 9 am. Super easy to setup. My friend said they got 5 dz for $300. He said they've been decoying birds good all season. Stakes were awesome. I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone will find the info useful.
2015-2016 Season
(8) Mallard
(3) Hooded Mergs
(1) Woodie
(1) Bufflehead
(1) Ringneck
(5) Geese
(1) Crow
(2) Squirrel
(3) Pheasants
(1) Doe (bow)
(1) 12 point buck (bow)
The wife doesn't seem to understand why I need 200 decoys... #huntingmanproblems
FishinFreak300
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum