Full Body geese opinions

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Full Body geese opinions

Postby huntfishnv » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 am

Im looking at purchasing the Hidgon Alpha Full Body Canada Decoys, anybody on here use 'em? Wondering if the paint holds up well? Also I mainly hunt ducks but am going to try for more geese this year so I don't know from experience but will greaters decoy to lesser decoys? Thanks
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Re: Full Body geese opinions

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 pm

huntfishnv wrote:Wondering if the paint holds up well?

I am wondering the same. Can't beat the price on some sites.

huntfishnv wrote:Also I mainly hunt ducks but am going to try for more geese this year so I don't know from experience but will greaters decoy to lesser decoys? Thanks

I am not following you. You referring to size of the fullbodies?!
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 am

I mean will the species greater Canada's geese decoy to decoys of lesser Canada geese which are much smaller.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby cut_un » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:44 am

Yes they will. Many guys have given up running standard gooese decoys and replaced thme with an all lesser spread. In the goose world.....size doesn't matter!
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby Huntman27 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:44 am

I just bought a four pack of the alpha feeders. IMO the color and detail is spot on. They are a bit smaller but makes no difference to me. I tried to scratch paint off and couldn't. They should hold up well for many seasons. I got mine on scheels for $100 with free shipping.
Huntman27
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Get some Bigfoots and don't look back :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:04 pm

mayhem96 wrote:Get some Bigfoots and don't look back :thumbsup:

If I got big foots for free I would only turn them around to sell them and buy dakotas.

Big foots are just that big, TOO big. They take up too much space to haul around unless you have a trailer, no motion, a pain in arse to carry if you have to, and Dakota's look better.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby SLV Ducks-n-geese » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:03 am

2500hdon37s wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:Get some Bigfoots and don't look back :thumbsup:

If I got big foots for free I would only turn them around to sell them and buy dakotas.

Big foots are just that big, TOO big. They take up too much space to haul around unless you have a trailer, no motion, a pain in arse to carry if you have to, and Dakota's look better.

Funny...I know some kick ass hunter who run three dozen Bigfoots (or less) and they mow them down every time.

Your reasons for not getting them are based on your needs, not how well they attract geese.

Bigfoots are the way to go!
2013-2014 Tally
Canada (Lesser) - 1
SLV Ducks-n-geese
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:57 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:...a pain in arse to carry if you have to, and Dakota's look better.

I have to agree with the above. I run all BFs. Dakotas are overpriced and not that realistic in paint scheme. I carry 8 at a time. Wife can carry 6 at a time.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Bigfoots have been around and are still amongst the top choice by many a goose hunter. They are large yes but they are very visible, look like geese and are very durable. They finish geese very well. Some guys are still hunting over Bigfoots 20 yrs old. My buddy has GHG FFDs that big chunks of flocking are peeling off with two seasons of use. These are bagged and not abused. As far as Dakotas looking realistic...IMO they're one of the more unrealistic looking decoys on the market on top of their ridiculous pricing. Blocky looking bodies and odd shaped heads too. Plus for $25 more you can have 4 dozen Bigfoots vs 3 dozen Dakotas. It's a win all the way around.

As far as the Higdons. No experience with the new Alphas. They're certainly priced right and look great. As long as the stake system and head connections are solid I'm sure they'd be a fine choice. They have a great name in the industry.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby cuppedandkilled » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 pm

I have a couple dozen of the Higdons. I bought a dozen when they first came out and did have small spots of paint come off. They took care of me, and let me know they had issues with paint right off the but have since taken care of it.

Haven't had an issue since.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
cuppedandkilled
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum