Duck Hunting Forum banner

Foam Goose Decoys - Color Vision Test

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Pumpgunner 
#1 ·
I have been hard at work putting together a large spread of foamers for this season. I finally got around to painting the 5 geese shells floaters I have completed. I worked up 5 different color schemes for geese and painted them up to see which I liked best. I wanted to ask you guys which color scheme or mix of schemes you think looks closest to what you see in the field.

I looked at pictures online then compared them to live birds in the field, and sample feathers I have from last season before trying the different patterns in the pictures.

So now to the vision test. Feel free to be critical of the paint jobs, colors, or layout of the paint jobs. The heads and black / white on the tail of the bird will be flocked once I get the paint jobs where I am happy and the clear coat over the paint.

See less See more
#5 ·
They all look awesome I'd say any of them would kill birds. There way better than anything I could paint.

#8 ·
Those are hands down some of the best foamers that I've ever seen, great job man! I think the one closest to the camera with the greyer body looks most natural but like the other guys have said I think you could kill geese over any of those. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.