Flocking heads

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Flocking heads

Postby Grounder » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:47 pm

Have any of you had to flock the heads on your dekes twice. Caucse I bought a flocking kit off ebay at the start of the year and flocked all my bigfoots and after hunting with them pretty hard the flocking started to wear off by the end of the season. There going to need to be flocked again. Any tips or ideas would be great. thanks :thumbsup:
Grounder
hunter

Postby duckbuster » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:43 pm

when youre done hunting put the flocked heads in some thing that will protect the flocking like my ghg fullbodies i put the head inside the body to protect the flocking......i have also heard of peopl putting socks over them to protect them too.
duckbuster
hunter

Postby waterfowler » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:14 am

Did you use rustoleum for adhesive? I would purchase some adhesive from www.donjer.com It is a thicker adhesive especially for flocking. Try to get most of the lose flocking off the heads, then apply the adhesive over the old flocking and reflock. I do all my flocking in the summer so the heads can bake in the summer sun and heat, this will allow the adhesive to set up harder. :salude:

waterfowler
waterfowler
hunter

Postby Grounder » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:48 pm

Ya in the kit they recommended to use rustolium paint so thats what I used but I'll probrabrally use an adheasive this time around.
Grounder
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum