sportplast goose floaters

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

sportplast goose floaters

Postby LiquidA45 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:53 pm

anyone use any of these? They have one they collapses and then some plane floaters. I walk in all my spots and figure their collapsable ones would be great for how/where I hunt. especially for $160/dozen. any input?
LiquidA45
hunter

Re: sportplast goose floaters

Postby LiquidA45 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:00 pm

well since over 50 have looked and no one responded I figured I would just order one and see what I think. I'll do an extensive review and report back. seems like a great way for a couple of guys who walk in to set up numerous goose decoys on a budget.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:30 am

Got this thing in last night and I'm very happy with it. Pictures will follow in the next day after I see how it rides in the water.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:47 am

I just looked them up and seems like a pretty unique company with all the products (different species) of decoys tthey have.
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:36 am

Black Smoke wrote:I just looked them up and seems like a pretty unique company with all the products (different species) of decoys tthey have.

I see people talking about running all coot spreads, that doesn't even touch the amount of balls it would take to run cormorant decoys haha.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:07 am

That hilarious! I agree..... :hammer:
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:57 am

Left the decoy deflated and folded up in my trunk for 3 days and 2 nights with my shotgun laying on top of it. Pulled it out of the trunk and inflated it back up, no serious creasing to be seen. So far I am happy with it, once it passes the float test this weekend I think I will go ahead and order a dozen of em. You could probably fit close to 3 dozen of these things in a decoy bag compared to the 4 regular floaters I had to arrange like a puzzle to make fit. For someone looking for numbers as far as floaters go, this is the ticket I believe. Decoy practically inflates itself and the rubber seems thick enough to possibly withstand being shot up to 30 yards? I might even test that theory once I get the dozen in. Knutsons sells them for $160 a dozen which I think is a great deal since it would cost roughly $300 to get new floaters.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby olt d2 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:28 pm

awesome! I have been looking at these decoys for sometime and have wondered about them. I wanted some for hunting out of my carsten puddler and wanted to carry a doz instead of around three or four. thanks for posting the review. I see they also make these in mallards and thinking about some of them too.
olt d2
hunter

Postby olt d2 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:32 pm

What do you think would be best for cord and anchor system for these?
olt d2
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:03 pm

olt d2 wrote:What do you think would be best for cord and anchor system for these?

I Texas rig all my decoys but just put them in a decoy bag, I did the same with this. Seems like a mess but the pull right out no problem.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:07 pm

olt d2 wrote:awesome! I have been looking at these decoys for sometime and have wondered about them. I wanted some for hunting out of my carsten puddler and wanted to carry a doz instead of around three or four. thanks for posting the review. I see they also make these in mallards and thinking about some of them too.

Yeah they make several species, a guy could make a very portable spread. I'm actually impressed with their Gadwall.
LiquidA45
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum