texas rags

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

texas rags

Postby newbiewaterfowler » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:33 pm

Does anybody use These ?Do u use them by them selfs or mix in with shells and fulls??
newbiewaterfowler
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:57 pm

If you don't have them don't buy them. Biggest mistake I ever made. Make the body of the spread with rags and then put more realistic decoys (pretty much any other decoys) around the outside. Put your best decoys (fullbodies) in the kill hole so they will be the last thing that they see.

I am investing in Northwinds. Rags rip out easily and may only last a season or two. I have already thrown some away. Northwinds are the way to go.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:11 am

ks_waterfowler wrote:If you don't have them don't buy them. Biggest mistake I ever made. Make the body of the spread with rags and then put more realistic decoys (pretty much any other decoys) around the outside. Put your best decoys (fullbodies) in the kill hole so they will be the last thing that they see.

I am investing in Northwinds. Rags rip out easily and may only last a season or two. I have already thrown some away. Northwinds are the way to go.

:withstupid: Nothwinds are the way to go, the only plus side to texas rags are they are cheap and they get you numbers in your spread fast.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby newbiewaterfowler » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:00 pm

And cheap is what I was looking for thats y I was interested in them,I have not seen the northwinds.What about usen silo's instead of full buody???effective?
newbiewaterfowler
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:24 pm

well to start with rag are mostly used when "big" snow goose hunting. most of the time ol' dark geese (canadas) are to smart... if you are maily going to be hunting them then yes silos are a good (cheaper) sub. for fullbodies if you are just stating out and need numbers.
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Goose Decoy Forum