Bigfoot Floater Heads?

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Bigfoot Floater Heads?

Postby NWiowaCutinGreen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:58 am

I have heard that putting the Bigfoot floater heads on is a pain in the ***. I have never owned any Bigfoot decoys and was just wondering what you guys thought? I have bought some GHG floaters, but I am interested in the Bigfoot floaters and was wondering how much of a pain it would be to have to attach and unattach a dz of the Bigfoot’s on every hunt. I am planning on storing them in a 6-sloted full body bag.

Thanks,
Matt
NWiowaCutinGreen
hunter

Postby Erik Olsen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:12 am

ull be fine its final approach that is really hard but i dont take my heads off so i like the f/a's
"pass me some ammo" Oh crap you shoot three and a half!"
Erik Olsen
hunter

Postby Braidwood Hunter » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:31 pm

Yeah it's a pain putting the heads on them... we just leave ours on for the season. They are some good looking floaters though.
Braidwood Hunter
hunter

Postby killer0009 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:35 pm

Yea they are a pain in the ***. They are weird how they screw on but they really dont!
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."- Ernest Hemingway
killer0009
hunter

Postby Deeks » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:40 pm

They can be a pain when you first put them on... but there meant to go on and stay on for good.

Take your head and run it under some hot soapy water and they'll slide right on... once there on you can pick up your decoys by them, swing them around, toss them out of your boat by the heads.... whatever, they won't come off.

You can remove them if you really need to but you shouldn't have to. I keep mine in an Avery full motion bag all year long with the heads on they fit just fine.
Deeks
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:40 am

there a pain the first time but after that your set i put a dozen bigfoot floaters in avery honker bag and they fit nicely with the heads on so there would be the problem of removing them.
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NWiowaCutinGreen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:23 am

I just decided to go with Avery Life size deks and oversize deks, it worked alot better than having to mess aroudn with the big foots. The avery life size floaters are tough as nails...
"I'm just a young prick that lives in the hills that owns too many guns" -- Shooter
NWiowaCutinGreen
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:21 am

yea but if weight is a problem then you should do other wise because the avery lifesize are twice as heavy as the foots and then foots are bigger. Just another thought
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DuckMN » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:34 pm

They are a royal pain but its all worth it, and once you get the idea its not that bad. The first three are really frustrating.
DuckMN
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:52 am

Hot water makes the plastic soft and they go one. With out the hot water it's impossible.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Bigfoot Floater Heads?

Postby Lcso61 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 pm

They are not fun, definately need the warm water and soap to put on but once on they are not going to fall off. Probably took me five minutes to realize they were not going on without it and then another 5 minutes to actually do it they way they recommend. Your post makes it sound like you plan on removing the heads each hunt? This will not be the case with these dekes, it even says on the box that they recommend leaving them on once installed. They are great looking dekes abd do not leak like many others. You would be better off to either leave the heads on and transport in a slotted bag but if removable heads are really important to you than I would strongly recomment another brand.
Lcso61
hunter

Postby noweil » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Once you put the heads on your Big Foot floaters you are not supposed to remove them. I have put the heads on plenty of Big Foot floaters. I never used hot water, I just made sure they were warm. Most heads go on fine. If you have a head that won't fit over the post they mount on, just make the hole in the head bigger with a knife. Just trim around the edge of the hole.
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Most of the time decoys with removable heads are not made that way for our convinience but to reduce packing and shipping cost for the manufacturer. It can also eliminate some molding problems depending on the process.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum