Higdon floater paint quality opinions

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Higdon floater paint quality opinions

Postby Driven51387 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Hey guys,
I was wondering if any of you could give me a little info on the quality if the paint on higdon decoys. I have an oppertunity to buy some at a great price through a friend an was wondering how they measure by your standards. I have been unimpressed with zink (scratched paint off with my fingernail)and don't like the head positions on the Dakotas. I'm looking to buy at least 20 so it isn't a very small investment for me. The birds around here aren't hammered as bad as the ducks get it so I don't think that sacrificing a little on looks will matter all that much. I just want a decent looking paint job that sticks around. Give me some thoughts.
Thanks,
T.J.
Driven51387
hunter

Re: Higdon floater paint quality opinions

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:20 pm

I've had my higdons for three seasons now and they still look new. Not individually bagged in slotted bags either. Just thrown in a regular old mesh decoy bag after every hunt.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:26 am

I've beat the snot out of 2 dozen higdon shells for 5 or 6 years and they still look great.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Higdon decoys are GREAT, and even IF you have paint issues, their customer service is top notch, I used to run 9 dozen field shells and 3 dozen oversized shells and never had an issue with paint-ever and like tornadochaser, I beat the he!! out of them. Sold them a few years ago and the guys that bought them are still beating on them and love them. There floaters are supurb too. I had ONE problem with Higdon decoys where I got a dozen shells with bad mold seams and they were splitting. Called the company and Paul had a replacement dozen sent to me within 3 days. Like I said...top notch CS. :thumbsup:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:03 am

x3 for the higdons. I use there floaters and they are AWESOME! very realistic, and tough paint.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Driven51387 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Bought 2 dzn. Don't regret it for a second! Thanks for the input!
Driven51387
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum