Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese
Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun
First time going to give it a try. I have two questions.
1. We see a ton of geese fairly low every morning when they get up. Would these geese ever decide to go right back down to a spread or does the initial flight in the morning usually get them up and going for a while?
2. Does anyone ever set up near a woodline or some type of cover (fence row)? It seems all the groups around here are right smack in the middle of the fields.
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 am
If the geese are getting off their roost in the morning and only have to fly a half a mile to get to their food source than that's as far as they will go. They will get up and go back down if the food source is close. Geese will feed/loaf along the edge of a wood line or fence if there is food and or they feel safe. Just watch them and see what they do and set up there if you can.
I am second
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:40 am
- Location: Western Virginia
Return to Goose Decoy Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest