painting corrugated plastic

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

painting corrugated plastic

Postby gcs » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:18 pm

So what do you use, did you prep the plastic? Made some silhouettes from political signs but can't keep paint on them. :huh:
gcs
hunter

Re: painting corrugated plastic

Postby jscheirer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:56 pm

What kind of paint are you using? I used spray paint and it seemed to stick to it alright. I also used oil based exterior paint and a roller to apply it and that seemed fine as well. I sanded some before paint but deemed it unnecessary.
jscheirer
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:35 pm

I sanded mine with an orbital sander and they stick fine. Rough them up good without removing too much plastic.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kjl845 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:58 pm

I use Krylon Fusion which is designed for plastic as my base coat. I then spray Rust-OLeum texture paint to cut down the glare. Not the cheapest paint to use but it accomplishes what I trying to do.
kjl845
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Zinsser Bullseye 1-2-3 is what I am using right now to paint snow silos. It seems to stick pretty well and is tintable so you have them to tint it to whatever color you want. $18.88 a gal at Wally World.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum