Full bodies vs Deadlies

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Full bodies vs Deadlies

Postby fowlhunter » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:41 pm

I currently have 9 1/2 doz fbs and an enclosed trailer. My hunting party has either moved away, works all the time, or has lost interest. That leaves myself and maybe one other guy to hunt. I love this spread, but if we cant drive in it becomes a lot of work. Also, it seems like we are hunting smaller birds more and more. I've noticed with the cacklers, snows and specks. It's a numbers game. What I'm thinking is selling all but 4 doz fbs and my trailer, buying a topper and 16-20 doz. deadly canadas and specks. I would be able to travel easy and carry a lot bigger spread. I'll also be able to set up and tear down the spread by myself easier. Am I crazy? Please constructive ideas and advice!!!
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Full bodies vs Deadlies

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:07 pm

silos are making a big and strong comeback. They never really left actually, but 9 out of 10 guys you talk to are going to say "gotta have full bodies to be the best" when thats not the case.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:44 am

I figured there would be more comments on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby Jwaite » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:52 pm

I like mixing them together. So if i were you i would keep what you have and also carry in the socks. People work very hard and never achieve the amount of fb's you have so KEEP EM'.

Geese always bust us when we dont have any movement. The socks have been a must.

JASON
Jwaite
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum