G&H henryetta

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

G&H henryetta

Postby Honk-n-quack » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi all, I found in my shed some goose shells called G&H Henryetta's with stickers still on them...I cannot find very much info about them, are they possibly collectors items? How much would they be worth?
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Re: G&H henryetta

Postby blackrock » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:51 pm

image.jpg
I don't know about collectors items, we still use them everyday! Damn good decoys, and durable. Some of my Supermags still have the stickers in them too, that say Henryettan, been using them for more than 20 years. They still make em.......
blackrock
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:18 pm

I can't find them online called that anymore. Could you post a link?
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby blackrock » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:27 pm

I just looked on the G&H website. The original Henryettans were made in 1934 out of a kind of paper-mâché material. They experimented with foam and settled on the plastic shells, which were still called Henrettan. If you have some of those original paper mâché decoys they might be collectible. I don't know if the ones they sell today still have the Henrettan stickers inside, but they still have the same design, plastic and paint scheme as the ones I bought about 25 years ago! They are still expensive though, but really well made. A lot of people have gone to full bodies, I have a lot of Bigfoots too, but we float the Supermags for layout hunting and they are devastating. It's hard to beat a 42" goose floater for visibility. I still like some in field set ups too. How big are the shells you found? I'm always interested in more, I just bought 20 Supermags last week in brand new shape, same story they were a guys dads, stored in a barn, still have the stickers, what a score! Hope this helps.......
blackrock
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 am

They are standard size. I do have a couple S.M.'s though
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:53 am

They are great decoys, slightly expensive.....but not nearly as bad as the damn foam it takes to float them.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum