Bigfoot Value Opinions

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Bigfoot Value Opinions

Postby jscheirer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Hey guys, I just recently bought a few dozen used bigfoot full bodies and the heads are somewhat loose. I have seen where people put drywall screws into the neck and that makes the head connection a little bit sturdier. So... my question is what would screwing the heads on do for resale value? If you guys were buying bigfeet would you look down upon this if you saw it? I'm just wondering as I buy and sell decoys alot. Thanks to all who respond.
jscheirer
hunter

Re: Bigfoot Value Opinions

Postby Honk-n-quack » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:06 pm

If the person ran them in slotted bags like me I wouldn't care, as long as you painted and flocked over the screws. It would turn me away if the paint scratched off the screw and it shined. Also, screw them pointing different directions to help make them look more realistic and not all pointing straight foward
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby jscheirer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:57 pm

I'd probably paint the screw head but no flocking on these. I just want to be able to pick the decoy up by the head without the head coming off. And I've seen where people screw into the neck of the decoy (on the body itself) and it goes through the part of the head that screws into the decoy. I may have seen that on a video or something... trying to find it right now. And I was planning on setting heads in different directions for my actives. Feeders will be straight down.
jscheirer
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:09 am

Sounds fine, but if I were looking to buy I'd scratch test the screws and if any paint come off that would be a deal breaker. I don't want shining decoys
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby blackrock » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:16 pm

I definitely wouldn't care on the feeders, never want to take the heads off those anyway. If the screws were well done I don't think it would matter too much. We do bag ours, but a lot of guys use trailers and keep the heads and feet on anyway. If they are otherwise in good shape just keep them for a long time and hunt them. I've got a bunch I've had for more than 15 years still look good......
blackrock
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:44 am

huntability it wouldnt make much difference to me...BUT i would use it to my benefit when it came to haggling on the price.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby OregonSpeck85 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:22 am

I wouldn't care that much, have some bigfoots from 1985 that still look amazing, just toss them in a pile.
OregonSpeck85
hunter

Postby jscheirer » Fri May 02, 2014 10:38 pm

I feel like screwing the heads on the bodies would not affect their durability but if I wanted to sell them I can almost guarantee people would talk me down because of the screws. Hell, I would. So we'll see what I end up doing
jscheirer
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Sat May 03, 2014 11:12 am

Gorilla glue or loctite them on?
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum