Bigfoots

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Bigfoots

Postby goosebuster11 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:29 am

Relatively new to the forum, and looking for some advice. I have been goose hunting for about 6 years now. I hunt in nh so I don't have 100+ decoy spreads like some of you lucky enough to live in other parts of the country :yes: I started with 6 b2s and loved them over my dozen shells! Towards the end of last year I picked up 6 more of the older style big foots and like those as well, and I'm looking at picking up 9 more. I really like the body color and flocked heads of the b2s, so my question is "is it worth repaint ing the old darker big foots to match the lighter b2s, or is it fine to leave them and have some variety in color?" And also "should I flock the older Bigfoot head and tail?"

Any input and advice is much appreciated!
goosebuster11
hunter

Re: Bigfoots

Postby Honk-n-quack » Thu May 01, 2014 6:39 pm

1. No it's good to have variety.

2. Flock Them, you don't want shine. IMO Bigfoots are hard to beat but I am taking a hard look at tanglefree full bodies.I like the poses and body shape of them. I'm not quite as sure on the durability but I would more than likely bag them like my bigfoots.
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Re: Bigfoots

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:31 am

they will work fine the way they are. It is nice to have them flocked. If youve got the time and the initiative to flock them then i say got for it, it wont hurt anything.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum