Anyone know anything about restle decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Anyone know anything about restle decoys

Postby Duck Nasty » Fri May 09, 2014 11:26 am

Had a guy drop this off to get flocked and painted but I didn't do it yet seeing the age of the decoy. Does anyone know anything about them. I saw restledecoys.com and some history. Thought it was neat and would share itImageImage

Sent from hades
Duck Nasty
hunter

Re: Anyone know anything about restle decoys

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:16 pm

They are collectable. DO NOT ALATER THEM!!!! They are worth $$$$$
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby TidalVA » Fri May 16, 2014 8:35 am

Everything is collectible at some level, but what are these things really worth?

I recently acquired 11 1980's era Magnum Restle Ducks (see photo below). They are foam, lightweight and great for a spot I am hunting that requires I travel light and carry no more than a dozen decoys. The current paint on them looks good when wet, but when dry they look horrible. There are also a few knicks in the foam that could be touched up. I am considering sending them off to be flocked and painted because I think they are worth using for their size and weight. Would slot bag them.

I have about 30 1980s LLBean cork ducks and geese that I don't think I would ever alter, but these Restles? Somebody please tell me what collector value they have....

TidalVA
hunter

Postby noweil » Fri May 16, 2014 10:24 pm

When Herters was in Beaver Dam WI they sold Restle Decoys. From what I remember they all had the very rough Restle coating on them. They were still making them in the 90's.
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Postby KRB » Tue May 20, 2014 6:51 am

TidalVA wrote:Everything is collectible at some level, but what are these things really worth?

I recently acquired 11 1980's era Magnum Restle Ducks (see photo below). They are foam, lightweight and great for a spot I am hunting that requires I travel light and carry no more than a dozen decoys. The current paint on them looks good when wet, but when dry they look horrible. There are also a few knicks in the foam that could be touched up. I am considering sending them off to be flocked and painted because I think they are worth using for their size and weight. Would slot bag them.

I have about 30 1980s LLBean cork ducks and geese that I don't think I would ever alter, but these Restles? Somebody please tell me what collector value they have....

Have a dozen 80's LL Bean oversize Blacks and some pins. Great decoys.
KRB
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Thu May 22, 2014 2:20 pm

TidalVA wrote:Everything is collectible at some level, but what are these things really worth?

If they say mueemee ohio on them (bottom next to the keel. Depending on condition 30-80 dollars a pop. Sell them to hunters in ohio, they will go nuts buying them. I'm sitting on 12 dozen of them.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum