Avery goose decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Avery goose decoys

Postby Mikel199 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:21 am

Anyone know of any deals on pro grade or ffds. I run both in my spread. I was getting the from Rogers but their prices went up. What's the cheapest place to get them? I'd like to find them with free slotted bags
Mikel199
hunter

Re: Avery goose decoys

Postby noweil » Fri May 30, 2014 9:44 am

Presley's had Pro Grades for $260/dozen and FFD's for $400/dozen this spring.
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Postby cyclonefan » Fri May 30, 2014 4:06 pm

You might try Fleet and Farm or whatever it is. I think harvester packs were 145 but I dont think that included a bag.
cyclonefan
hunter

Postby SDduckhunter23 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Try prairie wind.com. They have ghg for cheaper than most places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carter Klatt

As you get older, and hunting time is more available to you, it can get easy to go back to a honey hole too often. Next thing you know, it's not so much honey and more of a hole.
SDduckhunter23
hunter

Postby newbie4 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:53 pm

How are the new Avery decoys compared to their old ones as far as durability?
newbie4
hunter

Postby SDduckhunter23 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:02 pm

I love the older dekes better, espically the paint scheme and flocking. To me the new ones are two "white" on their chest area, the geese we see are more commonly a grayish. Both held up well in my oppinion. The reason paint chips off the decoys is because when they create them if they apply the paint to quickly before the plastic material has set in that decoy then the paint won't hold as well and that's why it chips easier. How do I know this? Because I'm a member of Avery. Newbie4 if you do get them( either type) and they scratch or are already scratch when you get them then contact Avery and they will give you a refund. Pm me me for any more questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carter Klatt

As you get older, and hunting time is more available to you, it can get easy to go back to a honey hole too often. Next thing you know, it's not so much honey and more of a hole.
SDduckhunter23
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum