Goose shells to floaters

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Re: Goose shells to floaters

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:30 am

blackrock wrote:Looking good Nelli! I'll post a picture of my pipe foam with a ruler tomorrow to show you what I use. We bought some more shells too, G&H and we're up to 6 dozen. Can't even haul that many with the layout on the tender!

I see you have pulled ahead of me!!!! I'll have to get back on the stick and pick up at least 3 doz more hahahah. I am a weeee bit concerned with how many I can haul, worse case iiI have my buddy run a second boat....but we will get there! I'm getting pretty excited! One question for you. Do you use more weight to hold these shells than a standard floater?
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby erp10 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:06 am

Do you guys run these on long lines or singles? I love the idea. Thanks!
erp10
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:22 am

I have not tried long lines yet. We are going to run one decoy with a weight. Tie the next decoy onto the tail of the first with 8' or so of line. I plan on running series of 2-4 decoys per weight. (I am afraid to drag them into place on longs is my reasoning.)
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:33 am

waterfowlchaser123 wrote:Nelli I'm not understanding what you said the problem that you could see in the pipe foam method was? But here's the link to the foam I found http://m.lowes.com/pd_24434-1410-P12XB/ ... Id=3133247

I called lowes on this product. They said it is made to fit 1" of pipe. They said it's around 5/8" thick foam. (May work on your little shells but I would get the 3/4" ID version myself as it will not hold as much water when you pick the shells up).
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Nelliboy2 wrote:Image

Looks good. DOn't be afraid to spread the big decoys out more and fill in with floaters. You can make 3 or 4 dozen look like a huge flock on the water. Leave a tail close to you and swing out a landing path right through the midddle of the floaters. The geese will hook and fly right up the cut and land in the trough. Also, place a pair of the prettiest mallards in the open by the path. That is where the mallards will land :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby waterfowlchaser123 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:18 pm

I can't wait to try it!!! All my buddy's think it's a not very good idea but well just have to see how it plays out!
waterfowlchaser123
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:36 pm

Website says buy 2 get 15% off.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby teal12 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:16 am

When you guys take these decoys back to the field for a hunt do you leave the foam on or remove it?
teal12
hunter

Postby blackrock » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:03 pm

I've got more than 80 now so I left 2 dozen without foam, just for fields. When I need a big field spread I'll just use the foam ones too, in with Bigfoots. I don't think it will matter.
blackrock
hunter

Previous

Return to Goose Decoy Forum