Snow blue silo's

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Snow blue silo's

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:09 am

I am making about 200 snow/blue silo's out of corrigated plastic. As I started the spray paint phase the other day I just got the urge to do something different so I decided since there are two sides to paint I was going to paint one side of the decoy as a snow and the other side as a blue. Of course I am alternating sides for the snow/blue look. Has anybody else done this and if so how did it appeal to the geese?
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Re: Snow blue silo's

Postby dakotashooter2 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:09 pm

That's what I did with these about 20 years ago. Really can't say if it has made a difference or not but in theory it gives the birds a different look as the swing around the decoys.

dakotashooter2
hunter

Re: Snow blue silo's

Postby DuckinFool » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:52 am

That's what I was thinking. If the key to silo's is giving working birds the illusion of movement the 2 geese on one silo should increase that effect.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum