Hardcore or any fullbody

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Hardcore or any fullbody

Postby newbiewaterfowler » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:54 pm

I just bought some hardcores but not sure the best way to haul them,,does any1 use the single drawstring bags?or the 6 slotted decoy bags or both.I really want them to last but dont want to go over board on protecting them.????
newbiewaterfowler
hunter

Postby ShortReed » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:34 pm

I would go overboard and baby them puppies. I've read many posts about the paint on the hardcores, so I would at the very least put them in the bags and I'd probably six-slot them. They said last year they addressed paint issues but still had problems, and they've said the same thing this year. I'm in no way knocking or ripping on them... I think they are an excellent looking deke, my comments are based on what they actually stated and what others have posted. If I had the money, I wouldn't hesitate to buy some and I would definitely take better care of them vs my others just because of cost... I'd want them to last too!
Clint
Take 'em
ShortReed
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:31 pm

I just bought an avery six slot full body decoy bag for my hardcores. The bag is meant for the GHG full bodies with the legs so the pockets are huge! My hardcores are in the bags fully with no heads sticking out. I bet i could fit two to every pocket if i wanted to. The bag is ultra heavy duty too! I would really look into getting one. I picked one up off of cabelas for like $40 and worth every penny to protect my hardcore babies! :thumbsup:
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby newbiewaterfowler » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:36 pm

the 6 slot sounds nice,,are those lessers or honkers your putting in the slots that has lots of room?
newbiewaterfowler
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum