Snap-keel Goose dekes?

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Snap-keel Goose dekes?

Postby OzaukeeDoug » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:28 pm

Does any company make goose decoys with the removable keel like the Blackwater duck dekes? I haven't been able to find any.

Thanks for any help!

Doug
OzaukeeDoug

Postby SteveInTN » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:12 pm

GreenHead Gear!

Great looking dekes too. I own three dozen of them. I'll never buy another Flambeau.
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:15 pm

Well, I hate to go back on my word so quick, but I must confess that I was too harsh. Flambeau makes something like a 'guide series' floater that is of the 'pontoon' design. They have water keels that you can snap out as well. THOSE decoys do look very good and work just like a shell. I lucked into a dozen of them at a Walmart last year. They were on sale for $25 per 4-pack. They are nice and stack easily.

The flambeaus that I will never buy again are their standard goose floaters.
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby OzaukeeDoug » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:31 am

Thanks Steve! I've been looking in Mack's and Cabela's and I guess they just don't describe the dekes well enough. Maybe I'll have to go to the store and check them out.
OzaukeeDoug
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:07 am

Doug: With the Flambeaus - make sure that you've decided the night before whether you're going to hunt land or water. I have four. You have to really [i]shove - and I mean shove - that keel into the bottom of the deke to make it lock in. Believe me, this is no last minute job; almost lost my religion last November on these. But they are nice once you've decided. The convert-a-head feature is nice.[/i]
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum