Did Bigfoot go to crap recentley?

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: yellowlab, 1ynggun

Did Bigfoot go to crap recentley?

Postby Kansasgooser » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:51 pm

I've been hunting duckys for a lil bit now and have gotten into goose hunting, I bought 3 doz Dakota lessers this year and two dozen original Bigfoots, I bought the Bigfoots from two different stores to.

I see they are called the most durable decoy and I've hunted over these maybe three times. So they've been shoved into truck, taken out of truck in field, put back in truck, taken out of truck put in shop, that process three times.

There showing some white on there backs next to tail and it's no problem to scratch some paint off with your nail. Have they always been like that?

Iam not overly concerned, I assume like everything else the new ones kinda suck compared to the old ones.

Thanks
Kansasgooser
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Did Bigfoot go to crap recentley?

Postby NW Birdhunter » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:31 pm

No, they are good decoys. The tails get some wear on them because they are so big. Buy some Rustoleum flat black and touch them up in the back tail area. No problem. :thumbsup:
Forget the past, the past is gone forever, right now is where it's happening.
NW Birdhunter
hunter

Postby colewieseler » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:32 pm

I bought some of the b2's and they look good. However half of them don't keep their legs on when carrying them. I carry them foot to foot with one under each arm so I can carry six at a time. I never had the original ones so I have no comparison. I like the convenience but will likely try some dakotas next and see how they are.
When I am not hunting, I am thinking about hunting. It's an affliction.
colewieseler
hunter

Postby apetrenko1188 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:04 am

colewieseler wrote:I bought some of the b2's and they look good. However half of them don't keep their legs on when carrying them. I carry them foot to foot with one under each arm so I can carry six at a time. I never had the original ones so I have no comparison. I like the convenience but will likely try some dakotas next and see how they are.

so i had this same issue with some new original Bigfoot's that i bought last season. the best way to fix this is a 4" screw threw the feet into the body. i have not had any feet fall off after that.
apetrenko1188
Newb

Return to Goose Decoy Forum