Goose decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Goose decoys

Postby suskiedrake » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:47 am

Has anyone been using bigfoot or G&H floaters? If so how do they hold up, I have hunted over my greenhead gear floaters the last two days and they are starting to chip. And too say I am anal in taking care of them would be an understatement .
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby texan68 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:17 pm

Talk to greehead gear about your deeks. They had some sort of paint problem. I had the same prob. with their greenwing teal. I'm in the process of getting a return.
texan68
hunter

G&H Decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:26 pm

G&H are the way to go for durability. They are all I will buy. Avery's are also made in China, which makes me like them even less.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby jmike » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:17 pm

all i can say is go with the G & H, i used all sorts of cheaper deks .......now its only G &H , some of my ducks are going on 6 years and no touch up required, i only huntd 7 or 8 times last year but before that i spent 20 + days in the field......i think i have 6 doz ducks , mallies , pinnies and widgon, and 2 doz floaters man do the new floaters look good ................hope this sways u ........p.s., i talked to g&h about some stuff one day bla bla bla , the paint they use is a 2 part emeron they bake it on ..............jmike
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:35 am

Well I am a big G&H fan--but not of their floaters. They redid them a year ago--a dn they do NOT look right on the back--there is humpback. Anyway-I switched to Bigfoot floaters several years ago--they are damned tough-tougher then G&H beleive it or not. The problem was G&H had a thin brittle plastic for their heads--I always snapped off 1 or 2 each season. Bigfoot heads are much more durable-none broken in 3 years of use. and the paint is holding up great.

As for Avery, it sounds like a repeat from the previous 2 years.... paint problems :thumbsdown: Yes they are cheap in price---but this continuing paint adhesion problem is ridiculous :pissed: I WAS going to buy some since they said "all fixed" ya right..... Their profit margins are unbelievable... the Chinese workers are paid 32 cents per hour on average for manufacturing jobs where as US workers are paid $16 per hour. Ya think they are making any $ ? And STILL they can not get the paint to stick!
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackerkiller » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:48 pm

g&h unless you want to send your deks back to ghg after a season
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby suskiedrake » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:22 pm

Thanks guys, to say I am unhappy with my chinese made honkers would be an understatement I didnt mention it in the first post one of the keels was defective and I am still waiting (2 months) for a reply on that , our season started last wedensday. I think I am going to try the bigfoots, or possibly herters.
suskiedrake
hunter

Goose Decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:09 pm

I have read that the herters are too little and the paint will come off after just a season and they would need repainted. I know that BigFoots are durable and I just bought 8 of them last weekend. I can't wait to shoot some honkers over them. :yes:
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby hoosier dhr » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:42 pm

We have 2 doz g&h 1 of witch is 8-10 yrs old and looks like new. Very durable and realistic looking.
leave it better than you found it!!!
Go Canes
hoosier dhr
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum