Want to trade Arkansas Green Timber Duck Hunting For???

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

Want to trade Arkansas Green Timber Duck Hunting For???

Postby GeoNLR » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:01 pm

Background – My group (3 hunters) own a farm with both field and flooded timber. I would like to entertain offers on a hunt swap. We could do a one for one or a group for group type swap (preferred). Our side of the hunt would include meals, lodging, and transport. We would also offer clay shooting and general farm BS of any type! Would offer X # of day hunt for an equal offering of any type.

I have always heard that the best way to do this is to offer our hunt first and than plan to accept the trade the following season. So basically – you come hunt with us during the 09-10 season, and then we would like to come hunt with you in 2010.

What we don’t want – Duck hunting

What we are interested in – Quality Deer, Antelope, Bear, Duck hunting in Canada, etc. WHAT DO YOU HAVE?

A little background about us. This will be our third season hunting this farm. I can send you spread sheets of each hunt, but basically we average right around 2.5 ducks per hunter per hunt. This includes every time we leave the farm on a ‘hunt’. When it’s ‘on’ it’s as good as duck hunting gets if you consider limits of mallards in the timber at ranges of 10 to 15 yards average shot. During the 2008-09 season we had a stretch where we hunted 14 of 16 days. We harvested 145 ducks with an average of 3.7 hunters per hunt and took 117 mallards. 8 of the 14 hunts were limits (there was ice, so that is why it wasn’t better). Anyway, not trying to brag, just trying to convey that what we are offering is an opportunity at a quality hunt. We have 4 holes and only hunt one group at a time, rotating pressure to try and keep the ducks on our place as much as possible.

We do not guide. We did however offer up a hunt to charity last year and got $1400 for a single morning hunt with lodging and skeet shooting (electric thrower on site). We have UTV’s and 4 wheelers on site and all that would be required would be Waders, shotgun (could lend 870 camp shotguns if that is a problem), shells, and lic. If you drive in, great. If you fly in, I would be prepared to pick you up at the airport and shuttle you around during the stay.

I hope this comes across, but what we are looking for is a relationship with like minded hunted that have similar access to something different than we have. Looking forward to a many year relationship. We are all in our late 30’s, however, we’re not looking for a date! HAHA

Some pictures and videos below… many more if needed…

Please contact me @ ChickenGeorgeAR@yahoo.com

GeoNLR
hunter

Re: Want to trade Arkansas Green Timber Duck Hunting For???

Postby addicted2duck » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:26 pm

How does a canada goose hunt in missouri sound? We mostly hunt dry field with a spread of 12 dozen decoys or so ( fullbodies and shells). Last year we had about a six weeks of good hunting where we killed 103 geese. We could set you up with lodging. we can do group hunts if that is what you prefer.
Attachments
0103090857.jpg
0101091015.jpg
addicted2duck
DHC Sponsor

Postby pintail09 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:53 pm

pm sent
Muddy River Waterfowl Co-Owner
Tribal Outdoors Field Team
pintail09
hunter

Postby GeoNLR » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks for the offerrs thus far.

Short up-date - Thanks but not looking for any goose hunting at this time.

Thanks again,

George
GeoNLR
hunter

Postby GKO » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:47 pm

How about some Trout and Redfish in the Texas Middle Coast?

There is a Tournament the end of June at Port Aransas that is a blast. It includes some of the best Texas BBQ, via the Salt Lick ,on Friday at Check in and a Fish Fry and a Raffle with Door Prizes ,( Kyaks, Rods, Reels,Coolers...etc) and cash prises for placing, Saturday Night. Both Nights include live Music.

I can provide a Boat and Semi-Guide that can put you on the fish for a great chance to win. Our Team won Biggest Trout and almost Biggest Stringer and Redfish. $500 for each place.

Email me at: Keith@s3tg.com for further discussion.

I want to hunt Greenheads!

K.O

P.S. Don't let my Avatar scare you, it is not me.
GKO
hunter

Postby truman202 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:45 pm

i know its late in the year,,but i just saw this site,, .i hav e a few acres near truman lake missouri.like a mile away! we have several campers there and catfish is our interest. we jug and trotline fish. blues and a few flatheads, we throw channels back,,the guys i fish with vary in ages im 58, some are 83, 74, 70, 45, they have many stories !lol.. we catch lots of fish, usually some in 20's and 30;s always 7 to 12 lbers, once in a while 50 to 60lbers not often tho.let me know,catfish bill,truman 202
truman202
hunter

Postby SlingingSteel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Just saw your post.

I am offering a place in Santee, SC. We have some of the biggest catfish around. Home of the World's largest Channel Cat 58 pounds. It includes a house on the water, meals, drinks, transportation (pick-up in Florence, SC), rods and bait.

Looking to trade 3 people to SC for 3 people to Arkansas. Age group is Mid 30's.

PM me if interested.
SlingingSteel
hunter

Postby dwhauss » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:48 pm

You guys interested in anything saltwater??
Not duck hunting, but abalone diving or spearfishing?
I am 3 time national spearfishing champion, and can put you on abalone all day long in northern california.
Let me know if your interested, and we can talk details.
Dennis Haussler
dwhauss
hunter

Postby Snowshower » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 am

I could take you guys up to michigan on the white river in late september/early october to catch the salmon migration. You litterly can see them stacked up on the river bottom, I'm not kidding when I say you cant see the riverbed, its a riverbed of 15-60lb salmon! Its a sight! You can wade just about anywhere in the river, there are some fast currents. Its a ton of fun wrestling those fish with open tackel.
Snowshower
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:59 pm

How about friendship lol
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby dsoloiii » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:20 am

I know it's late this year, but I have a place in North Dakota that you might be interested in. Pot holes, ducks, and geese everywhere. I live in Tennessee and are leaving tomorrow for a 10 day hunt there. It is in a small town 80 miles south of the Canadian border. This will be my thirtieth year to go there and I know every farmer within 30 miles of the place. When there is water in the pot holes, the hunting is unbelievable. There has been a drought there for the last 5-6 years,which ended last year. If the pot holes are dry, the duck hunting sucks, but the goose hunting in the fields is always good. We do both. Also, the pheasant and grouse hunting is fun too. I have about 15 dozen, mostly full bodied, goose and duck field decoys. I also have about 8 dozen floating duck decoys and all the robo ducks and geese you'll need. When we field hunt geese, we shot alot of ducks too or you can hunt over the pot holes where you'll usually limit on ducks and shoot a few geese too. We are also, almost, 100% on the SWANS.
If your interested, let me know and I'll send you some pictures and videos from this years hunt. Also, Is that a Boykin? I have one too!
dsoloiii
Newb

Postby reelcranky » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Pm sent for a Lake Erie Walleye and perch fishing exchange.
reelcranky
hunter

Postby nathanp86 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:29 pm

how about a western kentucky deer hunt for trade?
nathanp86
Newb

Postby quackstacker2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:18 pm

How about a central Kentucky deer hunt. I'll even give you your own place to stay.
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby rendlakeduckman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:25 pm

How about a southern illinois whitetail hunt?!! We have over 600 acres of PRIVATE deer hunting. Have a mix of white oak ridged timber,corn and soybean fields,creek bottoms. Have seen several deer in the 150 to 170 inch range. Only 3 of us ever hunt it and only when winds are correct. A green timber mallard hunt is awesome sounding. Would be willing to accommodate any needs you have.
Give me a call. Jeff at 618-315-1678. The rut is coming on as I type this!
rendlakeduckman
hunter

Postby Police1467 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:58 pm

I am interested in trading a duck hunting trip for some South Carolina whitetail and/or hog hunts, Santee Cooper Lakes catfish or striper fishing trips. I have a little over 1500 acres for deer hunting that has been "Big Buck" managed for over 7 years. We have some of the best property in the area. We have a cabin for lodging. The best time to come for the deer /hog hunting would be around October, to hunt during the rut.
Police1467
Newb

Postby kramybrik » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 am

I would be interested in a 4 man, in your face, flooded timber hunt for green heads in exchange for the following:

If you deer hunt I can offer a 5 day "during the rut" bow hunt in Brown County Illinois, commonly known as the "Golden Triangle".(Not including meals or lodging) Hunters flock to this area from all over the counrty. My farm is approx 100 acres of hardwood timber surrounded by creek bottoms and surrounding food fields. The farm is bordered by huge agricultural lands which are home to tremendous herds of whitetails, wild turkey, coyotes, bobcats and waterfowl. Terrain is not for the faint of heart. Cliffs and 100' drop offs offer great funnels. You must be in shape to get to the stands. From street level you desend 100' in elevation to the creek bottoms then back up the rocky terrain to ridge tops and ravines. Forestry management has cut all the less desireable timber to free fall letting all the mighty oaks put forth mast crops of acorns.

Took a 170" buck 3 years ago and hit a limb during shotgun season last year letting a 180" 12pt walk away. Have seen 180"plus deer for the past 5 years. Outfitters in the 3 county triangle get anywhere from $3,500. to $5,500. average for a 3 day hunt during gun season. A little less for bow hunting the rut.

Stands are up, also a 16' elevated box blind. 4 hunter limit and if you don't stay in the tree all day it's not for you. Portable climbers are also used on the farm. These huge bucks chase does in this farm, bed down & transition through. Many a trophy have been killed on this property with the help of surrounding farms lightweight hunters who get in late and leave early during gun season for a cup of coffee and a nap.

Trophy bucks are some of the most intelligent large game animals North America has to offer and if you want to kill one you need to be smarter and tougher. I've personally witnessed 20 shooter bucks from one stand in one day during the rut bow hunting. Of course nothing is a sure thing, weather, moon phase and all the other incidentals that go with deer hunting will effect the success of a hunt. That being said, if your not hunting where they are you won't kill a trophy buck.

Check out the area Brown, Adams & Pike Counties in Illinois and if anyone is interested let me know.

Thanks
kramybrik
Newb

Postby stebab » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:32 am

I will trade you a hunt for an offshore fishing trip with lodging and meals.

ON EDIT: Holy cow. I just saw how old this post was. My bad.
stebab
hunter

Return to Swap Hunt Forum