MT mallards, honkers or ???

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

MT mallards, honkers or ???

Postby phutch30 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 am

I will swap a great mallard and honker hunt or maybe a antelope hunt. Im looking for sea ducks (east coast or west coast) or a hunt for bluewing teal and mottled ducks.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Re: MT mallards, honkers or ???

Postby grey duck » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:47 am

I can swing the sea ducks, scoters mostly, late october until late january, the BWT buzz through here in late september poorly plumed, and you can't take Mottles here until the General Waterfowl season in November. Pick your poison.
grey duck
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Where are you at?
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby grey duck » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:03 am

SC
grey duck
hunter

Postby waldo2382 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:31 pm

How about a trip to South Central Alaska in either the Homer or Cordova area (depends on where work decides I should be. I sorry I can't say where I will be until mid summer and also due to work, I won't know when I'll be off until October.) Lodging at my place is available if in Homer. In Cordova, I can't provide a place, but there are plenty of motels available. Here's whats available in each place:

Homer: Harlequin, old squaw, all 3 scoters (white-wing, surf and common,) Barrow's goldeneye, common goldeneye, bufflehead, chance at a Pacific or possibly a king if we're lucky. Winter king salmon fishing is an option and fishing for Tanner (snow crab) is a good way to end the day on the way back to the dock.

Cordova: Harlequin, old squaw, 2 types of scoters (white-wing and surf), Barrow's Goldeneye, bufflehead. Winter king fishing is here too. Sitka blacktails are around this neck of the woods so bring a rifle and get a tag over the counter for $75 and it's either sex. Depending on snowfall, it is usually done from the boat scouting beaches.

The two towns are worlds apart, but I can't control where I will be 9 months from now. I will have hunting at either place with +/- for both. PM me back if you're interested.
Alaskans for Global Warming

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
waldo2382
hunter

Postby nebraskahunter94 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Our early season teal is pretty damn good. If your interested
nebraskahunter94
hunter

Postby Thompsons Guide Service » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:40 pm

I am on the east coast in new england were there is some of the best Sea Duck Hunting. Were are you located?
Thompsons Guide Service
Newb

Postby Thompsons Guide Service » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:19 pm

I live in New Hampshire. We hunt alot out of portsmouth, and if the ocean is clam we try to get to the Ise of soles. The sea duck hunting was great last year. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Were did you live?
Thompsons Guide Service
Newb

Postby phutch30 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:17 am

I live in SW MT in Dillon. Thats funny you live in NH. I grew up in Wilton. I left NH when I was 28. I used to do alot of fishing around the Isle of shoals.
phutch30
hunter

Return to Swap Hunt Forum