Ohio duckin

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

Ohio duckin

Postby Socooutdoors » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Hello I'm looking into trasfering to school at bowling green state university in bowling green Ohio and was wondering if anyone knew of or was local to give me the scoop. I'm from Maryland right on the chesapeake bay and used to good hunting. I'd appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
Socooutdoors
Newb

Re: Ohio duckin

Postby Erie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Both my wife and I and brother are all Bowling Green Grads. Hmmmmmmm lets see campus is really a small town and is very very nice. Bars/uptown is only 3 blocks from campus (great for those benders where you have to crawl home). Not sure what your planning on studying but they have one of the best aviation schools in the country next to Embry Riddle. Wasn't interested in whacking ducks at the time as school and girls were more important but there are good numbers of geese to be had there. Maumee river just north of Bowling Green has one of the best Walleye runs in north america. Lots of good golf courses in the area. I guess it all depends on what you are majoring in and what you are interested in. Shoot me a pm and we can talk specifics on where to live and what the good hangouts are.

Hope you at least go there and see the campus. I loved my time there and would kill to go back and do it all over again the same way.
If you do go you HAVE to go to Campus Polleyes and get a few stuffed breadsticks and stop in at Ziggy's bar and grill and take a spin on the wheel. :beer:
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Unless your bringing a layout and tender with you your looking at tough times compared to what your used to. However the Maumee can be good at times.You'll need a small boat or canoe.Theres some good field goose hunting but permission is tough. Be sure to sign up for all the state draws on Lake Erie,that can be great.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Socooutdoors » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. I saw on the map there were various WMA areas nearby, how do those hold up. Im jus looking for a school where I can get away into the great outdoors between class to hopefully wack a few birds or catch some fish.
Socooutdoors
Newb

Postby alanwebfoot » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:01 am

ohio mike you said it,,,never been to east coast shore but there have been dissapointing winters here!!That is until mid Jan. and then the season's about over,,any big resevoir will hold ducks ,,usually a late day hunt is best as their returning,,iced over ??river is your only choice.
alanwebfoot
hunter

Return to Swap Hunt Forum