Duck Hunting Forum banner

Unguided hunt

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  reelsouthern1220 
#1 ·
Me and a couple of buddys have been doing a waterfowl trip once a year for the last few years. We have done guided and public land hunting and enjoy both. But this year I would really like to get on some private property and someone just turn us loose and point us in the right direction or even taking us on public land for that matter and showing us some spots. I have all the needed gear and boat or four wheeler. Basically, someone experienced with the area to show us the things we just can't get to in a weeks time. I just don't really want to pay $500 a day for a pit lease. Money has gotten tight for all of us. Open for just about anywhere. We have hunted MS, AR, TX, LA, and OK. I could possibly trade some Gulf coast fishing from our place at the coast. I live in Tallahassee, FL and our place down there is in Carrabelle. We have some great flats fishing for trout, redfish, etc. Or even offshore for that matter, but limits have gotten so rediculous it's not really worth it anymore. If anybody may be interested in something like that or have any offers that may be something I would be interested in I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I was thinking about it and something else that may interest ya'll is a flounder gigging trip. We have been going almost every weekend and it slowed down recently but we were averaging 15-20 a night with some mullet and sheepshead mixed in. It is something different most people don't get to experience and being out on the gulf at night is always a good time. Just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.