Coastal hunt for greenheads

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

Coastal hunt for greenheads

Postby rwatson » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:39 pm

Looking to trade south texas coast hunt for mallard or wood duck hunt. I hunt public land only (mostly laguna madre). Usual bag includes redheads, bluebills, pintails, wigeons and mottled. occasional teal and buffleheads if you want to shoot them. :thumbsup: I just really want to get a limit of GREEN :yes: this year ...and not the stripped kind.
rwatson
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Michigan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:03 am

If yu're ever in michigan I'll take you up on the wood duck hunt.
Michigan
hunter

Postby rwatson » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:34 pm

bet you get alot of diver action up there too. Do you hunt any of the big lakes? I've heard about woodies being thick in woods off the big water and smaller lakes too. You've probably got a pretty good assortment of ducks to choose from! Maybe someday, but doubt I'll be able to afford getting up there this year. but same offer to you if you ever head south (WAY SOUTH). i guess mottleds and whislers might be the only thing you don't see much of :salude: .
rwatson
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Michigan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:12 pm

We do get quite a few divers up this way. I haven't hunted on the big lakes yet but I'm gonna be hunting the Saginaw bay area this year.
Michigan
hunter

Postby Ross Bradley » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:40 am

I live in Oregon. Pacific flyway. I hunt three spots. Columbia River greenheads are the prize bird, Summer Lake where Mallards and snowgeese are the majority of birds, and then my home water Fern Ridge Refuge. I was there yesterday and shot 10 mallards 8 greenheads. I am open for some sort of trade.
Ross Bradley
hunter

Postby badabing1997 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:46 pm

so ross 10 mallards huh?
wow hhmmmm
something doesnt sound right but .....oh well
badabing1997
hunter

Postby Ross Bradley » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:48 pm

I have two young boys who hunt with their dad. We have done it for a while. All I can say is the proof is in my freezer. Actually I just don't care for skeptics. Oh well we do live in the biggest bullshit era ever. Greenheads die in the sky in Oregon. Mallroids die!!!!
Ross Bradley
hunter

Return to Swap Hunt Forum