trophy rainbow trout in ga.

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

trophy rainbow trout in ga.

Postby jeremy adams » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:55 am

anybody want to catch a 5 plus pound rainbow trout. I have caught over 50 in the last three years and have one 10.4 lbs.
shotem in the head not shotem til there dead!
jeremy adams
hunter

Postby quackhed » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:19 am

sure I am game. I live in the North Ga area, outside of Atlanta. Are you fly fishing for them or spinning?
quackhed
Banned

Postby jeremy adams » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:43 pm

quackhed wrote:sure I am game. I live in the North Ga area, outside of Atlanta. Are you fly fishing for them or spinning?
I do both but it is very difficult to catch one that big on a flyrod with the amount of laural in the water and the size of the river. I lose less fish with spin tackle with 8lb. spider mono. a #6 or #8 salmon egg hook. with a 6in. live nightcrawler. the key is not a light rod but a stiff one to turn the fish out of the trees.

I am lookong to shoot a redhead, can, greenwing, and a golden eye. That is all I need for the southern spicies of ducks for the wall. I live in south atlanta. I would love to try and help each other. But these large trout are hard to catch even if you hook them. But I can show you how and where.
shotem in the head not shotem til there dead!
jeremy adams
hunter

Postby quackhed » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:08 am

I belong to a small club in Bartow county. We are covered up in mergansers, woodducks, small amount of Teal and The Mallards. I started duck hunting three years ago, as a skybuster, I shot have all sorts of southern species except a GREEN HEAD. This is the first year I have really settled down with the sport and learned to call a bit and I have yet to hit one. My wife thinks its hilarious. Even went this morning in the ice storm, me and another friend of mine on the club. All the mallards got up and flew out his side of the pond (15 or so) he shoots one green head. Anyway kinda late in the season to help ya finish your wall. But maybe we can get together and help one another next season. I would like to find another club or area that actually holds mallards of larger numbers and one that is not shot out after the first two weeks.

I am starting my wall this year. I have two large drake hooded mergansers (Don King look-a-likes) and a drake and hen wood duck. My father in law has a small pond fishing pond at his house in Armuchee that holds a few ring necks and geese in the early season. Geese gone now keep seeing the ring necks out there, not sure if thats the golden eye your talking about or not.

I would still like to see these monster trout you speak of though. Me and my father do alot of trout fishing, I got him into the fly side of it last year. If you want to catch a limit on stockers let me know. We can run up to Johns Mountain during the week and fly fish for them with nymphs or some small floaters. Or if you just want to catch them and go we can use white salmon eggs. Walked in last year on a Wednesday with a pocket full of salmon eggs and a fly rod. A guy looked at me like I was crazy, walked back out 20 minutes later with my limit. Not so crazy huh!

well just let me know something and we'll see what we can do.
quackhed
Banned

Quackhed, how the heck are ya ?

Postby MossyOakClub » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:47 pm

I was catching trout everyday until I broke my Fibula & Tibula ( leg connected to the ankle bone ) stepping down from a slick boulder behind my house on the Cartecay river..
Now I am being punished by the trout gods by having to sit on my back deck and watch & listen to the river below me 75 ft away ;(
2 more weeks and I can start walking again and put this crutches away !!
Open invitation to ya !
Garrett & Guinness
RETRIEVING IS A PRETTY SIGHT & DESIRABLE, BUT IF YOU HAVE NO SUCCESS, REMEMBER THAT IT IS A RARE SIGHT TO SEE A MAN POINT AT A BIRD. HOWEVER, MANY MEN HAVE A BACK STRONG ENOUGH TO LEAN DOWN AND PICK UP A BIRD THAT A DOG HAS LOCATED AND POINTED DEAD.
MossyOakClub
hunter

Re: trophy rainbow trout in ga.

Postby dominicleckie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 am

Huge wild rainbow trout at acclaimed trophy trout fishery Valley at Suches in beautiful North Georgia. Privately stocked section of the river is loaded with trophy rainbow and brown trout. This is truly one of North Georgia's premier fly fishing destinations. Most of the trout you'll encounter are rainbows but trophy browns are caught every year.
dominicleckie
hunter

Return to Swap Hunt Forum