Want East Coast Sea Ducks, Chessapeake. Have Montana Stuff.

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

Want East Coast Sea Ducks, Chessapeake. Have Montana Stuff.

Postby Troutslayer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:28 pm

I want to shoot a surf scooter. I will be in the Philadelphia area on and around January 2, 2007. I could stay in that area as long as needed to line up a hunt/wait on weather.

Now what I have to offer. I'm a fly-fishing guide in Montana and would be happy to take you fly-fishing in exchange for a duck hunt. I would also take you duck or goose hunting here in Montana which is very good, but probably a lot more traveling than is necessary to bag some birds. Fishing happens when the weather is nice out here.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:27 pm

OK, I'll throw out the fact that I was a big game hunting guide for a couple of years and I would be willing to take you hunting with me for a couple of days, can you tell I really want to kill a surf scooter?

I regularly see 130+ whitetail, and some true trophies in the 160 class. I will advise you on which tags to apply for, take you hunting for a day or two, and then you're on your own. I'm not promising anything but if you're willing to work for them, I can put you on huge deer. Elk are another thing all together, and after guiding elk hunting, I don't think that it would be a fair trade at all. If you're going to hunt with me I'm going to take you to the range first and make sure you can shoot the rifle you bring. You should be able to shoot up to 250 yards.

I do a lot of scouting. I prefer to hunt cagey mountain whitetail farther from the road than most are willing to walk. I pass on a lot of deer that many would probably shoot, and this year it backfired as I didn't get one.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby chesbayhunter » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:42 am

I know Phily is a long way from the Norfolk, VA area, but if for some reason you detour down this way I can get you your surf....and an old squaw and maybe a white wing to boot. Just keep it in mind.
A kid out hunting ain't making babies, doing drugs or hacksawing stop signs.
chesbayhunter
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:18 pm

Thanks. I'll drop you a PM.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby athomeruddy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:33 am

if you not needing to go east and willing to drive 9 hours i am in washington and get more surfs that you can imagine, surfs whitewingers squaws harlis. would take you up on the trade if you wanna come late january.
athomeruddy
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:15 pm

athomeruddy, I'm on the east coast right now and nothing panned out for a sea duck hunt so I might like to take you up on that. If not for this year, next year for sure.
Troutslayer
hunter

Virginia Sea Duck hunt

Postby drbell » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:38 pm

im on the eastern shore of virginia which is just below eastern shore of maryland, lots of sea ducks, and old squaws available along with brant and black ducks, you can email me at drbell2@verizon.net or pm me here and let me know the name is dan, family owns over 2000 acres of marsh and oyster ground, if sounds good let me know
drbell
hunter

Return to Swap Hunt Forum