Turkey for anything!

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

Postby duck_hunting » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:45 am

o ok.. were ust to killin how many we want because our game warden isn't all that strict and we have the highest population of turkeys in the united states here in tennessee....
duck_hunting
hunter

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:06 pm

o ok well who would i be hunting with if i did come to tenn?
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Postby duck_hunting » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:17 am

me... Stephen haley...
duck_hunting
hunter

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:40 pm

ic and how much experience do u have with turkeys, if you dont mind me asking
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:06 pm

duck_hunting wrote:o ok.. were ust to killin how many we want because our game warden isn't all that strict and we have the highest population of turkeys in the united states here in tennessee....

Again illegal and unethical :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Duck_hunting, I`m not sure who taught you to hunt, but it`s appearant that they were not a good teacher or you just failed to listen. What you are offering to other hunters on DHC is NOT a turkey hunt, but an illegal action constatuting in your or their arrest. Personaly you should be ashamed of your actions and of calling yourself a turkey hunter. You are a criminal in the woods and nothing more. Let me catch you, Stephen Haley in my neck of woods.

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:03 pm

Stephen,

I have to agree to some degree with stumpjumper. However, not as strongly and for somewhat different reasons.

My guess is that you live on a farm or a family member does. Most hunters have never lived on a farm, but the rules are a little flexible and a good game warden understands that. However, you don't go advertising on the internet and offer someone from another state that you have never met to come to your place and break the rules. If you thought your game warden was cool, he won't be if this gets back to him. If I'm correct and you or somebody has a farm, there is really nothing unethical about taking an extra deer or turkey in or out of season because the farmer is feeding them and has more than paid for them. (For those that don't agree, having a hardnosed game warden has probably closed more hunting land than knucklehead hunters)

However, if you're hunting on public land or someoneelse's property then I hope you get caught :hammer: :hammer:

MDcanvasback2189,

I would recommend you not go because I wouldn't trust someone advertising on the internet that you can break the rules. If he explained in a PM. Hey, it's my Dad's farm and ... maybe, but I would recommend getting a license or waiting until you can afford one and do it 100% legal.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:07 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
My guess is that you live on a farm or a family member does. Most hunters have never lived on a farm, but the rules are a little flexible and a good game warden understands that.
If I'm correct and you or somebody has a farm, there is really nothing unethical about taking an extra deer or turkey in or out of season because the farmer is feeding them and has more than paid for them. (For those that don't agree, having a hardnosed game warden has probably closed more hunting land than knucklehead hunters)

Spinnerman, NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game wardens don`t just SHUT down land for no good reason. It IS unethical hunters that force those kinds of actions. If the hunter is legal than the game warden doesn`t even come into play.
Also by your own statements you also condone illegal and unethical hunting. Shame on you :no: This is no way to mentor to our youth. Teaching legal and etical hunting is the ONLY way. PETA would have a hay day with your statements. Heck people that aren`t members of PETA but dislike hunting would gasp at your statement. You give them the needed fuel to fight against us. To help them understand our love of hunting we, the hunters, must project ethics in our endeavers.

What makes you think that the farmer has payed for the wildlife on his property? They are free roaming animals. What, because they eat some of his corn, soybean, or alfalfa that he owns them. NEGATIVE! That is one of the prices that are payed to be a farmer. Besides, the government pays subsidies to those farmers for their crop lose. How do I know? I own a farm and deal with crop lose due to deer. By the way, in all studies conducted, turkeys have no effect on crop lose. Tey eat the bugs not the mass unless it is laying on the ground.

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duck_hunting » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:54 pm

my experience with turkey is good.. and the whole thing came out wrong i dont have to bag turkkey if i dont want because they are a nusence and tear down fence and my parent is a land owner and the law permits me to shoot one without tagging
duck_hunting
hunter

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:46 pm

sorry mate, i just dont feel comfortable with an arangement like this. i dont kno you. you like 12 hours away from me and your sayin i dont need a license.

i can seee it all now. "Umm Dad, how pissed would u be if i told you im stuck in Tennesse because i didnt buy the $50 license for a 3 day hunt and shot a bird anyway" "o and we were both underage so were screwed" "they took my car, gun, and everything i had with me when i shot the bird" "You mind drving to come and get me?"

sorry man, but i follow the laws to a t because it makes me happy to show wardens and police, that think a young guy like me is an ignorant one, that they are wrong. Plus your screwing your own state, out of state dollars fueling your hunting program. Maybe when i kno you better, and we get all the legalities out of the way, but i just dont feel comfortable with this hunt and i dont think my dad would either. sorry

John

p.s. the guy who said that they could shoot an extra deer or turkey off there own property , thanks man i love having private property shut down because some one shot one to many.
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:01 am

stumpjumper wrote:Spinnerman, NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game wardens don`t just SHUT down land for no good reason.
The farmer closes the land when the game warden arrest him, a family member, or a friend. I've seen it happen. The guys that want to shoot all the deer aren't going to allow anyone else to hunt on their land anyways. The warden has to use his judgment.

stumpjumper wrote:Also by your own statements you also condone illegal and unethical hunting.
Yes. Technically I am condoning illegal behavior. You really never speed?

stumpjumper wrote:What makes you think that the farmer has payed for the wildlife on his property? They are free roaming animals. What, because they eat some of his corn, soybean, or alfalfa that he owns them. NEGATIVE!
POSITIVE. He could legally shoot pretty much all of them for crop damage, but cannot legally shoot one or two out of season to eat :huh: There is more grey here than you would like to admit. If you want to live that way, I certainly don't condemn you. Just keep it under 55.

I don't give a rat's rearend what PETA thinks. They want to ban circuses and zoos. They don't even want the farmer to own cattle. They don't want you or me to shoot a single critter. There is far more on this site that would bring horror to the eyes of the PETA people than me condoning a farmer taking a couple of extra deer each year that have taken thousands of dollars directly out of his pockets.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby duck_hunting » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:05 am

what yall didnt understand is we raise over a hundred thousand tomato plants each year and a turkey is no friend to them cause we would constantly find turkey peck on them and my parent and grandparent both are landowners and the law permits me to shoot them without buying tags if i wanted so thats what i meant by if i killed one i wouldnt even have to tag it.....
duck_hunting
hunter

Previous

Return to Swap Hunt Forum