Invite a Military Service Member to your Duck Blind

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

Invite a Military Service Member to your Duck Blind

Postby MIKE J. » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:22 pm

FYI, Follow the link to the DHC Military forum to post a reply.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?t=58813&sid=f2f204fc8cebc87e9d7ad7ecdcffd0f1

Here's the place for DHC members to post an invite to host a military service member or veteran for a day in the field. It doesn't have to be limited to just waterfowling! Turkey hunting, Fishing, Sporting events are just a few examples to name a few. A simple home cooked meal away from the hustle and bustle of the base has always been a favorite, especially around the holidays.

If your interested, post the details with your location and what you would like to offer as a Morale Booster to our members in uniform. All offers are greatly appreciated.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MM » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:45 pm

Great Idea!
Like us on facebook! Reelfishingchat.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReelFishi ... 6234462878
MM
Super Moderator

Postby trap » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:17 pm

sounds good they done alot for us i could do this for someone i live in ct. and also have a camp on a lake in up state ny.[/quote]
trap
hunter

Postby 100%camo » Mon May 26, 2008 3:17 pm

:welcome: For our mil guys/gals
Mississippi River sandbar hunting geese and ducks (IL/MO)
Flooded field hunting for Snows in Spring (MO)
Pike County Illinois archery deer/turkey :welcome:
100%camo
Newb

Postby washingtonmuley » Mon May 26, 2008 4:00 pm

100%camo,
I would love to hear more about that archery hunt in Illinois.
Thanks,
Tim
USCG 19yrs
washingtonmuley
State Moderator

Postby badandy970 » Mon May 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Me to I am active duty USCG, going on 5 years. AET3 on MH-60s in Clearwater FL, would love to get together for a duck hunt.
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
Sitka AK. Ducks Unlimited
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Postby washingtonmuley » Mon May 26, 2008 5:35 pm

Badandy,
I'm an AST1 in Port Angeles. If you are out my way feel free to give me a shout if you want to shoot some seaducks.
washingtonmuley
State Moderator

philadelphia service men hunters

Postby let them fall » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:00 pm

i would love to bring a fellow service men, as i am a vet , along with me for the hunt.... i goose and duck hunt right on the delaware river and have everything... 4 minutes from my home my name is anthony lostpcuser4@comcast.net or drop a line @ 215-760-6741 great idea....
there nothing beter than hunting or fishing
let them fall
hunter

Postby mgriffiths05 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:43 pm

wow i never realized there were so many coasties... i just came off active duty a few months ago as a BM3, now i'm in the CGRes.
KILL 'EM!!!!
mgriffiths05
hunter

Postby duckslayer82 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:35 am

100%----I'm curious to a snow goose hunt. I have a few snow dekes to add, not many but a few...I'm originally from SE Iowa and was wanting to get back near home for a hunt.

Thanks!
SrA Travis Krebill
Active Duty stationed on Altus AFB
United States Air Force
"teach a kid to hunt and fish so they wont steal and deal"
duckslayer82
hunter

Re: Invite a Military Service Member to your Duck Blind

Postby jpostx3 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:01 am

Hello, Im in the Illinois National Guard and currently deployed to Afghanistan. I was deployed to Iraq June 05-June 06. I'd love to go on a hunt or even trade a hunt when I arrive back home this winter. I have been really wanting to get my Grand Slam, but just started duck hunting and am starting to fall in love with it also. Anyways, just PM me or something. Thanks!
Peace in the Middle East
jpostx3
hunter

Postby Blackfeet Retrievers » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:23 am

jpostx3, shoot me a PM next fall. Ducks/Geese.
Blackfeet Retrievers
hunter

Postby relocatedduckman » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:52 am

I was in the navy from 02-06. But in 04 went to the sandbox and got hurt. So now I limp around. I'm happy to see people doing this for us VETS. Thank you very much for taking us into your blinds and helping us Vets enjoy the freedom we fought so hard to protect.
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby ctbduck » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:40 pm

Hell yeah. I dont think i have anyone i know serving in the military, but come to wisconsin and we will go. im always looking for new people to hunt with. and of course this is wisconsin, so get your drinkin shoes on for after the hunt. :beer:
ctbduck
hunter

Postby MacMan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:50 pm

ctbduck wrote:Hell yeah. I dont think i have anyone i know serving in the military, but come to wisconsin and we will go. im always looking for new people to hunt with. and of course this is wisconsin, so get your drinkin shoes on for after the hunt. :beer:

Dang - you ain't so bad afterall. . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby SJFOG » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi All,

I am North of Boston, near the coast and some great salt marshs for waterfowl. I usually hunt with a one or two other lads from Ireland who live around here. We hunt waterfowl in Mass, New Hampshire and Maine; plus grouse and pheasant in New Hampshire and Peasant in Mass and Maine.

We have two hunting boats, one a 17' Duckwaterboat coastal boat (great for seaduck), and we have a smaller 14' jonboat for getting into some smaller tidal areas and lakes.

So if there are any active, reserve. guard, CG guys , etc who want to try either upland or waterfowl, give me a shout, I feel it's the least I can do to show support.

Seamus
SJFOG
hunter

Postby MacMan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

SJFOG wrote:Hi All,

I am North of Boston, near the coast and some great salt marshs for waterfowl. I usually hunt with a one or two other lads from Ireland who live around here. We hunt waterfowl in Mass, New Hampshire and Maine; plus grouse and pheasant in New Hampshire and Peasant in Mass and Maine.

We have two hunting boats, one a 17' Duckwaterboat coastal boat (great for seaduck), and we have a smaller 14' jonboat for getting into some smaller tidal areas and lakes.

So if there are any active, reserve. guard, CG guys , etc who want to try either upland or waterfowl, give me a shout, I feel it's the least I can do to show support.

Seamus

Hey man, where you in the CG?
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby SJFOG » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi MM,

No I never served in any branch of the US Military, the nearest I got was my ex brother in law, who was a reserve naval Lieutenant. But being out in the ocean in summer and fall/winter, you get to appreciate those who might have to come rescue you someday.

In the cold of January, when most areas have frozen solid and we are hunting from shore blinds, we often are really thankful for the CG 47" patrol boat going out at first light to the rough bar at the mouth of the Merrimac River, they often push the geese off the floating ice rafts and bring them to the shore. Also the mergies and golden eyes will avoid the CG vessel and hug the shore line giving us some good pass shooting.

Around this area, there is only the CG, and USAF base is nearby Portsmouth, New Hampshire, all other Mil in the area are Guard mostly, but I am happy to give any of these guys a chance at some upland or waterfowl. We have the gear, boats, dogs, and even extra shotguns, so all any one needs is a license and some cold weather gear.

You just be EX CG yourself?
SJFOG
hunter

Postby MacMan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Yep, I'm an old coastie. . . I loved it - wished I had of stayed in. . . I'm familiar with the small boats, they used to be 40ft, but now they are some fine vessels. I was rescued a couple of times as a kid by the CG and thought I needed to join. I've even had a mis-hap fishing and needed them after I got out. Always there - always prepared. I hope you get to hook up w/ one of the guys and take 'em hunting. That would be cool. . .

later man. . .
mac
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby ctbduck » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:39 pm

Thanks Mac - you are more the welcome too.
ctbduck
hunter

Postby tader » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Dang, There are a lot of coasties on here... I am a BM2 stationed in PCB, FL and am looking for some good places to hunt and people to hunt with in Northwest FL
tader
hunter

Postby MacMan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:36 am

Hey Tader - dang shame you are on the other coast - I could hook ypu up on the eastern side. . . Funny thing - I just hooked up with an old shipmate of mine from 30+ years ago. He was an SA when I was an RM1/2 on CGC Comanche - he became a GMC and stayed in - I wished I could go back in - too dang old now. LOL

later man. . .
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby Fast Pine » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 am

Any of you boys want to come hunt in the wild wild west give me a shout..New Mexico has some beautiful scenery and good duck hunting..

I have some good spots, and a dog ready.

Respect to all service men and women!
Fast Pine
hunter

Postby hogfan88 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Hey guys i am E-4 in USAF stationed in LA but from Arkansas and Mississippi. I am taking leave from Dec.4 to Dec. 20 and would love to go to either missouri, maybe illinois. or AR or MS. I hunt all puclic land got boat decoys all that mess. If anyone is unterested PM me!!!!! and to be honest with you i dont expect anyone from AR or MS to respond. For you guys in the north It is more of a buisness down here and it is amazing how much a military person will get screwed over. I walked up to a farmers door and told ask him very politely if i could hunt said i was military and home for about a week and if i could hunt it for one morning and he said yea if i have 500 dollars i can. yea that made me furious.
hogfan88
hunter

Postby MacMan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Hey man, what's the biggest city that you are near?
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Next

Return to Swap Hunt Forum