West Texas Duck hunts

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

West Texas Duck hunts

Postby jlp04c » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:25 pm

I have several tanks that I can hunt in west texas. Its some fast and furious duck hunting. It is about as in your face as you can get. Most shots are inside of 15 yards. We kill wigeon, gadwalls, teal, pintails and few mallards and diver ducks. I would like to trade for a hunt where the majority of the bag limit is mallards. But I could also go for a goose hunt as well. I have always dreamed of killing all green. By the way it needs to be somewhere I could bring my CBR, she needs more mallards.
Comeback Call??? I didn't learn a come back call, I never let them leave.
jlp04c
hunter

Postby MM » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:34 pm

I would do a trade. Sounds fun. Come to Illinois and shoot all the green heads you are allowed! We usually do very well. You can kill 4 mallards (2hens or 4 green heads) and two bonus ducks. Usually hunt lakes out of a boat or flooded corn field.
Like us on facebook! Reelfishingchat.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReelFishi ... 6234462878
MM
Super Moderator

Postby jlp04c » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:58 pm

where abouts in illinois, and what are your seasons, and of course how much are your out of state license. PM me with some more details I'm definatly interested.
jlp04c
hunter

IL Hunt

Postby MM » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:43 am

season is usuall split in two - Sept 1-15 or Sept 9-23 for earlyseason. Can shoot 4 teal and two geese per day. October 31-January 15 is regular season. 6 bird limit - 2 goose limit

I am not sure how much out of state isbut I can look it up. If you google illinois dnr out of state license price. you should get what you need.

I am in E. Central Illinois. Some great shooting here. Where are you?
Like us on facebook! Reelfishingchat.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReelFishi ... 6234462878
MM
Super Moderator

Postby jlp04c » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:21 am

I'm from abilene,tx. About 3 hours west of the Dallas Ft worth area. We get a 5 bird limit, no more than 1 pintail or mallard hen. Its usually really good shooting. If you want to pay like 250 you can get into some of the best goose hunting over water as well as sand hill crane over dry crops but its really hard to get access to those places without paying someone big bucks. But the ducks are usually pretty good.
jlp04c
hunter

Return to Swap Hunt Forum