Duck hunt, Goose hunt,

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

Duck hunt, Goose hunt,

Postby knelson1821 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:01 am

Hello fellow hunters,
I live in southwest Minnesota, and hunt about 6 counties here. I have been hunting waterfowl for about five years now. I am a member of DU and a commitie member, I take a few guy's out goose hunting once in a while, I set up the decoy's, blinds. mosly in fencelines. get a lot of low fliers and the other half land in the decoy's.
Also take some guy's out on the water and in some slough's, if you have some chest wader's you will be fine, mosly teal, some mallards, wigeon, lot of wood ducks, have all the decoy's.
Guy's all you need is a gun, some shell's, and a couple of stamps. and we are hunting. The only other thing you need is $25.00 to go to a DU membership, I get nothing... except the pleasure of seeing new waterfowler in the makeing
You have to be a very safe hunter..........I can tell if you are too......
I don't wan't to get shot, So I will not take a bunch of idiots out hunting.
All in all, for a nice hunt over decoy's in Southwest MN a membership in DU is all you need

I started hunting in Southeast Missouri when I was a little boy. about 10 if I remember right, dad gave me a 22 and I went right for the squirrels, nothin like fried squirrel legs an some biscuits and gravy.
Anyway, I am almost 40 now and have been hunting about 30 yrs so I kinda know what I am doing,, Don't shoot me and I won't shoot you.
knelson1821
hunter

Postby gahunter » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:24 pm

Sounds great, but you are just a little too far. :thumbsdown:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby duckdog » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:04 pm

might have to hook up with you in the fall am only an hour away. Only problem different state. How much is an out of state liucense0?
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:53 pm

And if you are already are a member? :mrgreen:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gunman » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:25 am

actually knelson, i've really been meaning to re-join with DU and Delts, so I will have to take you up on that offer this fall, as I'm always looking for some new friends to hunt with....seems there are a shortage of the people I know that like to hunt waterfowl! (can't imagine) I'll get back with ya closer in the fall, maybe we can get a few of us together and put faces with names!!! -Chris
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:04 pm

That would be fun to get a small group of MN guys together for a hunt. :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Swap Hunt Forum