Duck Hunting Forum banner

Spring snow goose reports 09-10 Ks,Mo,Ne,Ia

13K views 49 replies 13 participants last post by  greatwhitehunter 
#1 ·
Just got 4 more inches of the white stuff, think its holding the birds down south still, can't wait for the action to fire up!!! By the way River Rat 1 I'm not cyber scouting trying to get a feel for when they will be in my stomping grounds. :thumbsup: good luck everybody and let the feathers fly.

#3 ·
All the refuges in Nw MO are froze up. Heard of a few scout flocks coming and going but not staying. Hopefully the weather will soon to cooperate with us up there and get the waters opened up. I'm supposed to be over there by now but with all the crappy weather its pointless. :mad: Checked the weather it is supposed to be in the upper 30's during the day towards the end of the week but right back down in the low 20's to high teens.

#4 ·
Just got out Sunday to see what was up at Squaw Creek, and some fields that we hunt and there weren't any breed of birds, anywhere. Last Monday Jan. 25, I friend that has a bottom field 8 miles south east of Bob Brown said he had around 1500 snows working his corn stubble. He said he hasn't seen any thing since this last blast. Shot I don't even hear of many down in southwest Mo with this lovely weather we are having. And heck Oklahoma has been having soom crappy weather also. I guess it should be good for the boys down in Tx. a little while longer than last year.

#8 ·
I'm thinking that the first of march is going to be when the flood gates :bow: :bow: :bow: of the GRAND SNOW GOOSE LORD, will open up and fly down on my newly equiped 935, with 5 more round magizine extention. And my brother will be trying like hell to keep up with all of the birds I drop. :nana: He's flying in the first part of March as near as I can tell.

#10 ·
Snowshower said:
I would have to agree greatwhite. :clapping: .. We're hoping! :huh:
Aren't we all!! I have some brand new Dakota FB's that need to get some blood on them!! Mother Nature needs a talking to.

#13 ·
goodkarmarising and I went out saturday, between kansas city, and st. joseph, had about 20,000 come off of the river and head south. But later that afternoon@ 1:30, huge flocks were heading north of us following the bluffs. But then we got slammed with about 14" of blowing snow. They're saying low in the single digits, come on weather give us a break!!! Also saw several outfitters with decoys set up, didn't see any shooting though. I'm hoping for better times starting this weekend.. By the way Joe, if you read this. I can't wait to hook up again, maybe even get to shoot something. Thats why they call it hunting, saw alot of birds, just not what we were looking for. To bad you got to be gone the next three weekends, I'm afraid your going to have to play hooky one of those weekends. Give Karma a pat on the head for me, I bet that he would rather stay at my house and go hunting instead of going too grandma's house.. thanks for the good time Mike

#20 ·
I'm going out Thursday afternoon to do some scouting...this weather is frustrating to say the least. Truck was reading 4 and 6 degrees the last couple days on the way into work.

#23 ·
saw about 40 different flocks yesterday while traveling for work down to Ft. Scott KS/Nevada MO area. Looks like it could be getting good soon. Also saw a huge flock using a cornfield that I have permission on just dont have any snow deeks. :mad: Cant wait till March 12-13th we are going to Mound CIty MO!!!!

#25 ·
Grand Pass has about 450-500,000 Birds now, Central MO/ KC the entire day had non-stop migration/feeding!. I'm guessing with the weather outlook the way it is the birds will be around. The Weather is finally starting to cooperate and it looks to me that the
snows are agreeing! :thumbsup:
Good Luck boys! I'm headed there to start :hammer: :hammer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.