Duck Hunting Forum banner

Snows on the move

7K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  aggiechiro 
#1 ·
was out scouting for early teal this weekend, and saw a group saturday and 2 on sunday. probably was 150 birds total. seems kinda early to me, most years i don't see any during the opening weekend of teal. anyone else seeing movement?

#7 ·
aggiechiro said:
Dustin07 said:
you were seeing snows in TEXAS already?
yeah, thats why i was shocked and wondering what everyone else saw/was seeing. past 3 teal hunts i have seen 1 group of 20-30 snows. from this point out seeing small groups isnt odd to me, but those first ones sure were.
I'm in Washington and I haven't seen any yet. I was up in the snow wintering grounds about a week ago and didn't see a single one, however a lot of people are saying the specs are thick.

#10 ·
villithekid said:
Aggiechiro are you sure your not seeing Ibis?
whats an ibis? as i have never gone hunting, or spent more that 10 minutes outside in the goose hunting capital of the world, i'm sure i wouldn't have quickly learned the difference between a goose and a bird with a footlong nose that likes to glide. guess i just imagined the noises they made too. :tongue:

#11 ·
Yes I hunt down there too and have heard many Bennies say ewwwww there is a pile of em just to the West of East Bernard only to find yes.........snail eating snow geese to some people. But yes, these are newcomers to say the least and it does seem awfully early for any snows! You should be seing a few specks by the end of the month though.

#21 ·
Saw a flock of about 200 snows heading south this morning and some very vocal specks flew over the house yesterday morning. Made a trip to White River NWR last weekend and didnt see anything flying but the one flooded rice field i did see was covered up in specks and ducks with a half dozen or so snows mixed in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.